Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Trump Campaign Pessimistic About Repeat Performance In Michigan

President Donald Trump’s campaign is pessimistic about the his chances in Michigan, a state in which a very narrow victory propelled him to victory.

According to Politico, team Trump is acutely aware that he only won the state by less than a point in 2016, and expects Democratic turnout and enthusiasm to be higher this time around.

Though they haven’t given up on the state, dispatching Vice President Mike Pence frequently and installing a permanent staff, they are turning their hopes to Minnesota and New Hampshire where they think they have a better chance.

Even without Michigan, Trump could win with the other states he got last time. However, that would make states like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, far from a mortal lock for the President, completely indispensable.

WH Spox Explains Briefings Were Killed Because They Weren’t Good To Trump’s ‘People’

Don’t expect White House press briefings to make a comeback anytime soon.

During a segment on “Fox & Friends” Monday morning, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham shot down any hopes for the return of the “daily” press briefings — which have been on hiatus since March — that were previously spearheaded by Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Sean Spicer.

“Ultimately if the President decides that it’s something we should do we can do that, but right now he is doing just fine,” Grisham said, arguing that President Donald Trump is “his own best spokesperson” and “the most accessible President in history.”

Grisham added that “the briefings have become a lot of theater” and agreed with “Fox & Friends” co-hosts Brian Kilmeade and Ainsley Earhardt that reporters were using the briefings to “get famous.”

“[White House reporters] are writing books now,” Grisham said. “I mean, they’re all getting famous off of this presidency and so I think it’s great what we’re doing now.”

When asked whether Trump took the media’s treatment of former White House Press Secretaries Spicer and Sanders “personally,” Grisham responded “absolutely.”

“It’s so important that the spokesperson for the President can adequately speak to his policies and get his message out there, and I think the President saw that’s not what was happening,” Grisham said.

Grisham then clarified that Trump ended the press briefings over his loyalty to his supporters.

“It had become again theater and they weren’t being good to his people and he doesn’t like that,” Grisham said. “He is very loyal to his people and he put a stop to it.”

Trump: I Would Get the Nobel Prize Like Obama ‘If They Gave It Out Fairly, Which They Don’t’

President Donald Trump complained on Monday about Barack Obama’swinning of the Nobel Peace Prize, all while saying he deserves it too.

As Trump spoke to reporters at the United Nations while sitting next to Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan, he bragged about his relationships with India and Pakistan. At one point, a reporter said that if Trump could do something to resolve the two countries’ recurring dispute over the Kashmir territory, he would “very likely” receive the Nobel.

“I think I’m going to get a Nobel Prize for a lot of things, if they gave it out fairly, which they don’t,” Trump responded. “They gave one to Obama immediately upon his assent to the presidency and he had no idea why he got it. You know what? That was the only thing I agreed with him on.”

Trump has previously complained about not winning the Nobel Peace Prize, particularly in the process of his diplomatic attempts with Kim Jong Un. While the president has been nominated as a candidate to receive the prize, it remains to be seen if he will actually win it, given the lack of change regarding North Korea’s ongoing weapons tests and international aggression.

thoughts?

Instead of blaming kids for utilizing technology that didnt invent, how about blaming the oil companies that are destroying the world for profit.

Unless he wanna blame children for oil spills in the ocean, nuclear waste dumps, and fossil fuel pollutants at power plants. If he ain't doing that, then he should shut the fuck up.

The fact these guys are asking for Biden s son to be investigated when his entire bloodline should be in jail ...the fact that this irony has not been pointed out to him is why this nation is tanking faster than a fat guy w no parachute

The fact these guys are asking for Biden s son to be investigated when his entire bloodline should be in jail ...the fact that this irony has not been pointed out to him is why this nation is tanking faster than a fat guy w no parachute

Wouldn't be surprised if it was pointed out to him... and that he just didn't give a damn lol

Back