Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/kilmeade-trump-iran-attacks-fox-and-friends

Kilmeade Goads Trump To Strike Iran, Says ‘Weakness Begets More Attacks’

Brian Kilmeade, co-host of President Donald Trump’s beloved “Fox and Friends,” goaded Trump to attack Iran Friday morning after news broke that the President had approved retaliatory strikes for the nation’s felling of an American drone, only to pull back at the last minute.

“North Korea is watching. All our enemies are watching. Of course, Assad is watching. and for seven weeks, nothing but provocations,” Kilmeade said. “There is a price to pay for inaction and that says a lot. We have put suffocating sanctions on them. Every day that passes by they get weaker. Every day that passes by when they blow up four tankers and we do nothing and they blow up a drone that costs $130 million and we do nothing. We know it’s not going to end there. At some point in the Middle East no action looks like weakness. And weakness begets more attacks.”

So far, Trump has seemed disinclined to intensify the conflict with Iran, assuring the press during an appearance with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Thursday that the attack on the drone must have been a “mistake.” It is unclear if the sudden change of heart about the attack was Trump’s alone, or part of a greater strategy shift.

Last edited:
https://www.mediaite.com/donald-tru...-time-for-taking-photo-of-kim-jong-un-letter/

Trump Threatened Reporter with Prison Time for Taking Photo of Kim Jong Un Letter

Donald Trump threatened a Time magazine reporter for taking a picture of a letter from Kim Jong Un the president was showing him off-the-record.

“Excuse me — Under Section II — Well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter that I gave you confidentially, I didn’t give it to you to take photographs of it — So don’t play that game with me,” said Trump, according to Time‘s transcript.

“I’m sorry, Mr. President. Were you threatening me with prison time?” the reporter, Brian Bennett asked.

“Well, I told you the following. I told you, you can look at this off-the-record. That doesn’t mean you take out your camera and start taking pictures of it. O.K.? So I hope you don’t have a picture of it,” the president responded.

“With all I’ve done and the success I’ve had, the way that Time Magazine writes is absolutely incredible,” said Trump.

He then suggested the magazine feature him as Man of the Year.

“And someday within the next 20 years, maybe you’ll pick me as Man of the Year.”

I was wondering when Trump trying to start the zombie apocalypse was gonna pop up here

I'm running around trying to find some good trees,meanwhile not knowing we all could have died yesterday or been like Denzel in The Book of Eli

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/wsj-broidy-inaugural-investigation-prosecutors

Prosecutors Reportedly Take A Deeper Look At One Trump Inaugural Dealmaker

For those interested in the first stages of alleged corruption in the Trump administration, take a look at this Wall Street Journal piece.

The article goes into how federal prosecutors have “stepped up” their investigation into the activities of GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy at Trump’s 2017 inauguration.

The inaugural is already under scrutiny, in part for its record-setting $107 million cash intake, but also for the appearance of well-heeled foreign officials with tickets to the event. Non-U.S. citizens are prohibited from contributing to inaugural committees, raising questions of whether any monies flowed to the inaugural that shouldn’t have.

The WSJ reports that investigators are allegedly looking into whether Broidy “was paid by his intelligence-contracting firm’s foreign and prospective clients to give them special access to attend the 2017 inauguration.”

The story cites an April document request from Brooklyn federal prosecutors to the Trump inaugural committee, asking for information regarding Broidy and the prospective clients of his intelligence research firm, Circinus.

Manhattan federal prosecutors subpoenaed the committee in February, asking for a broad range of information.

Public corruption prosecutors based in Washington have also reportedly questioned Lisa Korbatov, a Broidy associate who allegedly helped broker a deal that brought Angolan government officials to the Trump inaugural.

The story cites a Broidy representative as saying that both the inaugural committee and State Department approved foreign guests that he brought to the inaugural bash.

529C0D6A-BE3C-46D0-92A2-7C9EC63E3CB6.gif

tenor.gif

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/paul-manafort-sean-hannity-texts-court-docs

READ: Court Unseals Manafort Docs, Revealing Texts With Hannity

Court documents previously filed under seal with the government’s sentencing recommendations for Paul Manafort were made public on Friday.

The documents include a months-long text exchange between Manafort and a “Sean” who appears to be Fox News host Sean Hannity.

The texts show Manafort apparently complimenting Hannity on his coverage, with the Fox host telling Manafort to stay strong throughout the early stages of the Mueller investigation.

“I appreciate what you tried to do,” Manafort wrote in one August 2017 message.

“Mueller is trying to intimidate me,” he wrote. “The raid is just one example.”

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said in an order that the exhibit was initially redacted due to privacy concerns.

In one late November 2017 exchange, Manafort appears to express interest in working on Trump’s 2020 campaign.

“Plus i plan on helping on the re elect !” he wrote.

Hannity repeatedly pleaded with Manafort that he should appear on the Fox News host’s show. Manafort complained about the constraints imposed on him by the gag order in his case, but according to the exchanges, Manafort’s attorney Kevin Downing sought to provide Hannity with information on “what we are doing and how it connects to your reporting.”

Screen-Shot-2019-06-21-at-4.41.20-PM.png

Hannity reported back to Manafort that an apparent January 2018 call with Downing went well and said that he asked Downing to “feed me everyday.”

Screen-Shot-2019-06-21-at-4.44.23-PM.png

In one March 2018 exchange, Manafort appears to offer a source to Hannity regarding a Russian-Ukrainian associate of his in Ukraine, Konstantin Kilimnik. “You should speak with Herritage on Kilimnik,” he wrote. “She has the info from others.”

It is not clear what, or who, “Herritage” refers to.

Throughout the texts, Manafort and Hannity trade compliments, calling each other “bro” while repeatedly praising each other’s fortitude and TV skills, respectively.

“You and Stone live. Now that was great Television!” Manafort wrote in one March 2018 exchange.

In one exchange – dated January 2018 – Hannity texted Manafort “U watching.” Timestamps on the texts suggest that Manafort replied within a minute, telling Hannity “Yes I love you.”

In another October 2017 exchange, Hannity texted Manafort, “Hey u up?”

Manafort replied “Yes,” before later receiving a gushing text from the Fox News host: “Don’t let those assholes get u down. Punch back HARD.”

The texts track with many of the dramatic twists and turns of Manafort’s case, from his failure to secure bail that would allow him to leave home confinement to claims that he had ghostwritten an op-ed defending his work in Ukraine.

In February 2018, the day before his longtime business partner and co-defendant Rick Gates entered a plea deal, Manafort expressed skepticism that Gates would flip.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-21-at-5.21.30-PM.png

According to the messages, he was also optimistic that U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis, who presided over Manafort’s case in Virginia, would side with him in various disputes alleging impropriety by the prosecutors.

“Ellis took it to [Mueller lawyer Michael] Dreeben from the first moment,” Manafort told Hannity, recounting a May 2018 hearing in front of Ellis.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-4-eva-tweet

Trump 4EVA: POTUS Tweets Video Of Himself Running For Prez Until The End Of Time

Terms Limits? Who needs ’em.

President Trump tweeted a video of a doctored TIME Magazine cover that essentially depicts him running for president to infinity and beyond.

According to journalist Yashar Ali, the video was created by the same account that made a doctored video of a fake Joe Biden massaging the real Joe Biden during his apology video for unwanted touching during his political career. Trump also tweeted out the Biden video.

When this racist Orange Goblin hopefully takes that L in 2020.. The Secret Service is going to have to physically remove his delusional old ass from the White House...

Last edited:
Back