Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

These debates are fruitless I don't believe ive in debating facts and given equal footing to ignorance.. Cornel needs to rethink his sistering an bothering... Foh with that bullshit

It's hard to believe but there are actually cacs out there who would hear Cornell on FOX and look into his ideas. A lotta these guys don't consume any other news so it's important for guys like Cornell to go to where those people are.

As for Owens I'm not even gonna watch the clip. It's not for me, it's for ignorant cacs

I don't wish death on people often but fuck sake I'd celebrate if sutten happen to her

These debates are fruitless I don't believe ive in debating facts and given equal footing to ignorance.. Cornel needs to rethink his sistering an bothering... Foh with that bullshit

Bruh. I was thinking the exact same thing. Debating w her on tv is only giving her validation. Plus i dont take her seriously. Her hustle is jus being a coon and a mouthpiece for the white man. Plus she not debating in good faith, its jus a hustle and come up. Its her lane.

I can only assume those checks to appear on fox news much be solid.

I use to watch fox I know exactly how they move they bring cats like Cornell, Marc Lamont Hill for prime time entertainment.. No matter how good your intentions on they use them for their own devices

There is no good faith in defending white supremacy /conservative "values"

It's hard to believe but there are actually cacs out there who would hear Cornell on FOX and look into his ideas. A lotta these guys don't consume any other news so it's important for guys like Cornell to go to where those people are.

As for Owens I'm not even gonna watch the clip. It's not for me, it's for ignorant cacs

I don't wish death on people often but fuck sake I'd celebrate if sutten happen to her

Ehh. Getting into the bubble is always good. But if i were him. I'd refuse to appear opposite her.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mcconnell-chao-favoritism-kentucky-department-of-transportation

McConnell Brushes Off Reports Of Wife’s Favoritism

Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) brushed off a report that his pet projects are getting special attention from the Department of Transportation due to his close (read: married) relationship to Secretary Elaine Chao.

“You know, I was complaining to her just last night, 169 projects and Kentucky got only five,” he said to a reporter who asked about the veracity of the report. “I hope we can do a lot better next year.”

That’s the statistic being touted by the Transportation Department as well.

Per Politico’s report, the department’s grants for McConnell’s projects have topped $78 million as the Kentucky senator gears up for reelection in 2020. The projects include an $11.5 million infrastructure improvement to Owensboro, a city long tied to McConnell that features a plaza named after him.

Chao also reportedly assigned an aide, Todd Inman, to specifically work as an intermediary between McConnell’s office and hers, an edge that other states do not have.

0D84FBBB-A5C1-4089-B2C1-467B91652A0F.gif

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/muckraker/flynn-syndey-powell-mueller-fox-news

Flynn Hires A Mueller-Bashing Fox News Personality As His New Lawyer

Former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn has hired attorney Sidney Powell to replace his legal team. Powell bashed Mueller’s tactics in commentary before she was hired by Flynn, suggesting Flynn might be doubling down on a strategy to cast doubt on his guilty plea even as he continues to cooperate with prosecutors.

Powell confirmed to TPM in an email that she is representing Flynn. Her hiring was first reported by Hill.tv.

“I’m honored to be representing General Flynn, who i’ve long considered an American hero. The General and his family want to thank everyone across the country for their cards and contributions to his legal defense fund. He is going to continue to cooperate with the government, pursuant to his plea agreement,” Powell told Hill.TV in a phone call.

Flynn’s former legal team announced last week that he had terminated them.

While Flynn may still be planning to cooperate with prosecutors, his choice of Powell suggests he may be taking a more combative posture as he waits to be sentenced. Powell, who has had appearances on Fox News, has been highly critical of special counsel Robert Mueller and the other Justice Department officials involved in the Russia investigation.

Powell has previously accused of Mueller of obstructing justice and of withholding evidence that would exonerate Flynn.

“I’d bet he will realize later he needs new lawyers,” she tweeted in March.

Flynn pleaded guilty in December 2017 to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials during the presidential transition. Information he provided investigators was cited several times in Mueller’s report. However, as he was going into what was supposed to be a sentencing hearing in December, lawyers filed a sentencing memo that hinted that he was entrapped by the FBI. The memo clearly infuriated the judge and fearing that Flynn might receive a stiffer sentence due to the memo, his lawyers sought to postpone his sentencing until his cooperation was complete.

Legal experts have said it would be “suicidal” for Flynn to escalate any attacks on the FBI while he awaits his sentence. Yet he has hired a lawyer who has done just that, in punditry on Twitter and on television.

As recently as this month, she called Mueller “divisive” and said he shouldn’t have been appointed.

In February, she claimed that the “entire Russia collusion narrative was made up” and that “the FBI and the intelligence community and the Department of Justice began an investigation against four American citizens simply because they worked for the opposition political candidate, that being Donald Trump.

Her commentary has focused specifically on Flynn’s case and claims that he did not commit the crimes he pleaded guilty to.

“Like many others, including a disproportionate number of young minority men who have no resources whatsoever, that does not mean that he did anything wrong,” she said wrote in December. “All it means is that he — like so many others — saw no other way out.”

She also called Flynn “the quintessential example of why the innocent plead guilty.”

Powell is a senior fellow at the London Center for Policy Research, an obscure right-wing foreign policy think tank founded by the late Herbert London, a former president of the Hudson Institute and father of the stylist and television personality Stacy London.

The London Center fellows and its founder, the Daily Beast reported in 2017,“call for a foreign policy stance somewhere between the neoconservative interventionist tendencies of the Bush administration and non-interventionist backlash to that led by Rand Paul and others.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-census-citizenship-ridiculous

Trump Thinks It’s ‘Ridiculous’ To Not Include Citizenship Question On Census

President Trump was hesitant on Wednesday to offer his opinion of the ongoing legal battle over the proposed census citizenship questions because it’s a “legal matter.”

Except, not really.

During a pool spray with the Polish president and reporters on Wednesday, President Trump said he thought it was “ridiculous” to not allow the citizenship question on the 2020 census, before dragging Polish President Andrzej Duda into the matter.

“I think when you have a census, and you’re not allowed to talk about whether or not somebody is a citizen or not, that doesn’t sound so good to me. Can you imagine you send out a census and you’re not allowed to say whether or not a person is an American citizen? In Poland, you say either you are Polish or they’re not,” he said. “So I don’t want to get you into this battle, but it is ridiculous.

“I think it’s totally ridiculous that we would have a census without asking,” he continued. “But the Supreme Court is going to be ruling on it soon. I think when a census goes out, you should find out whether or not — and you have the right to ask whether or somebody is a citizen of the United States.”

Trump did not mention his administration’s official line that they added the question to help enforce the Voting Rights Act (though documents uncovered in the court case over the question have suggested otherwise).

The remarks come just after the White House asserted executive privilege over key documents relevant to the administration’s push for a citizenship question on the 2020 census that House Democrats on the Oversight Committee subpoenaed.

Ehh. Getting into the bubble is always good. But if i were him. I'd refuse to appear opposite her.

Same here fam I'd never go on TV against her. I'm big on respect and titles so I don't think it's right to have such an educated person debatin' with a known bad faith actor but this is the world we live in

Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 7.48.48 AM.png

I'm surprised to see that Andrew Yang made the first cut. He doesn't stand a chance but some of the others might pick up some of the policies he's been talking about. Slim to no chance but his voice is an interesting one amongst all these candidates

Back