Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

It's funny how obsessed Trump is with fast-food. He can eat at any place in the world and he chooses McDonalds. What a bumbling fat fuck

Yep. Double standard and compete lack of substance.

Hilary wasn’t even in government at that point. And she reflected the sentiments of millions of people including Bernie and others who actually VOTED for it. And like you said Biden basically architected it... but we’ll hear crickets from many.

I wish we could parse things with more nuance. They were all dead ass wrong but the issue had complexity - there was a problem that needing addressing. The main issue was that people were acting and governing on emotion... but you can’t write legislation affecting millions for generations off of emotion. Where is the data forethought, and research?

Where was the accounting for the well being of ALL stakeholders both at the time and gong forward?

How are you going to build tons of multimillion dollar prisons and not fill them with hundreds of thousands of people?

But that’s the same shit many are trying to do today. All emotion. SMH

They had all that information. It went forward into law because it showed that it would majorly fuck up black people with a few poor whites getting caught up and that was something they could all live with.

They had all that information. It went forward into law because it showed that it would majorly fuck up black people with a few poor whites getting caught up and that was something they could all live with.

Ehh ... That’s the easy take: The government is just one big evil monolith.

You don’t really believe that ...

There were black people and hard core liberals who voted for that bill. They were trying to solve a real problem.

Sure - There was racism involved - conscious and subconscious.

But you’re giving them way too much credit if you believed they were all smart enough to predict the affects 20 years down the road and had that intent from the beginning.

One of the largest problems was poor analysis and legislating based off of emotion and political expediency.

Ehh ... That’s the easy take: The government is just one big evil monolith.

You don’t really believe that ...

There were black people and hard core liberals who voted for that bill. They were trying to solve a real problem.

Sure - There was racism involved - conscious and subconscious.

But you’re giving them way too much credit if you believed they were all smart enough to predict the affects 20 years down the road and had that intent from the beginning.

One of the largest problems was poor analysis and legislating based off of emotion and political expediency.

Not a monolith but I do believe the government is evil no matter which political party is in power.

Those black people were included in my statement.

IMO they knew what was going to happen to the extent that happened maybe not (I putting it past them to know) but they knew what the consequences were going to be for the most part. I say that because their focus was on low level criminals which was black people.

Can't make crack without powder cocaine but make crack laws way more fucked up than powder cocaine. Black people=crack, white people=powder

Back