Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://www.mediaite.com/online/sea...imself-up-to-subpoena-during-trump-interview/

Sean Hannity May Have Opened Himself Up To Subpoena During Trump Interview

Fox News host Sean Hannity may have revealed information of great interest to Congressional investigators during an interview with President Donald Trump that aired Thursday evening.

During a discussion about former Trump attorney Michael Cohen and the Congressional testimony he provided on Wednesday, Hannity said the following to President Trump: “I can tell you personally, he said to me at least a dozen times, that he made the decision on the payments and he didn’t tell you.”

The payments in reference were regarding hush money payments Cohen arranged (and Trump allegedly approved) to adult film starStormy Daniels and Playboy Playmate Karen MacDougal, signed checks of which were presented by Cohen to Congress as evidence earlier this week. The payoffs present the question of whether Trump broke campaign finance laws, a crime which Trump may very well be an unindicted co-conspirator.

Before he left the Trump organization, Cohen was a frequent guest on Hannity, and the host even considered Cohen a close friend. During testimony in a Southern District of New York courtroom, Cohen stunned those in attendance by revealing that Mr. Hannity was a client of his, a claim that Hannity refuted in this very same portion of the interview.

Nonetheless, the public admission of relevant conversations with Michael Cohen (who is planned to surrender himself to federal prison authorities in May for crimes to which he has pleaded guilty) has caught the attention of many interested in investigating the curious relationships at play.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If you are a single issue voter you are a jackass unless the issue is justice which is more of an umbrella

Thank you for listening to my TED talk

Check out @SarahLerner’s Tweet:

I fuck with this so much she gets it

Can't front...the sista is impressing me. Came in and gettin straight to what needs to be done. Especially at that Cohen hearing. Wouldn't be surprised if she makes a presidential run down the line.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/inside-lynne-patton-reality-show-ambitions

Lynne Patton Wanted To Be On A Reality Show About Black Republicans

Lynne Patton has a flair for the dramatic.

After the HUD official bobbed up behind Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) at Michael Cohen’s hearing Wednesday to prove the President’s racial tolerance, she gleefully booked herself solid on Fox News all the better to impress upon her audience of one her unwavering loyalty and willingness to be used as a symbol.

It’s not the first time she’s sought the limelight. According to a Friday Washington Post report, Patton asked permission to take a temporary leave of absence from her role at the Department of Housing and Urban Development to film a docu-series about black Republicans produced by the minds behind “Real Housewives of the Potomac.”

“Black Republicans are not an anomaly. Not only do we suffer the same societal hurdles that face any black man or black woman every single day, we also have the additional albatross of being conservative,” Patton told the Post. “Nothing proves this point more than the partisan reaction to my committee appearance this week. God forbid, a black Republican is in the room based upon her own merit and can think for herself. But it’s a scarlet letter I wear with pride.”

HUD officials denied her request, citing ethical improprieties. Yet Patton says the decision to turn down the show was hers alone.

A decision she certainly made unilaterally, to the chagrin of HUD officials, was to skip the last day of meetings for regional leaders so she could be on time for her Cohen cameo. Say cheese.

Back