Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

if its 100 ppl and 60% of them live in one stated and the other 40% lives in 4 different states so 10% per state
The most votes should win regardless if they all live in one place. That how voting should always be
So if the 1 state is all white people and the 4 states are all black people, you cool with that one state determining who the president is every election?

Or sub poor/rich, female/male, Muslim/Christian, etc. in that scenario and do you feel the same?

Every individual citizen’s vote should count equally. Aren’t we supposed to be “created equal?”

I don't understand any voting system that doesn’t look to accomplish this.
If we were a more homogeneous population, that would make more sense, but we have a lot of diversity and varying minority views that need to be considered.

If we were a more homogeneous population, that would make more sense, but we have a lot of diversity and varying minority views that need to be considered.

But our current system does nothing to consider diversity as it is, unless you just meant diversity as it pertains to differences in population density.

But our current system does nothing to consider diversity as it is, unless you just meant diversity as it pertains to differences in population density.
Just differences in priorities and the lifestyles of people from different areas. What makes the needs of those in less densely populated cities any less important than those from big cities?

Just differences in priorities and the lifestyles of people from different areas. What makes the needs of those in less densely populated cities any less important than those from big cities?

Why should one individual’s vote be worth more than mine because they live in the country?

You know why?

Because majority rules.

How it should be

Funny how the popular vote is good enough for every political office except the presidency.

A senate election involves the same dynamics of urban vs. rural yet somehow there’s no appetite to coddle the hicks.

Given our history as black people, I don't see how you can support straight up majority rule.

I'm just saying, keep that same energy.

And presidency is much different than a state election. States are smaller so by definition wouldn't have the same level of population diversity as the entire nation.

If the presidency is based strictly on popular vote rural areas will cease to have a say in the presidential election given the trend of population shifts toward urban areas and away from rural areas.

And that's not acceptable to me. You say every person's vote counts equally but are ok with making the votes of people in entire states worthless.

Either way, I appreciate the counter points and will cease from derailing the thread further. I accept any final remarks from the opposition.

The real reason he wants the shutdown to continue. Remember the rumors were that the Mueller report drops next month.

If he actually cared about border security, he would not have his actions driven by extreme right wing radio personalities.

If he actually cared about border security, he would accept reasonable legislation to ADRESS border security that includes technology, staffing, ehanched prciesses AND physical barriers

If he actually cared about border security, at the VERY least he would accept the House proposal to reopen the government and return gainful employment to over 800,000 Americans while they negotiate on the issue.

But he doesn’t.

Dude's got a point...

giphy.gif

Back