Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Can we please come together and get this bread to better shield our community as whole from fuckery, because it's coming

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cnn-white-house-concerned-fbi-director-could-resign

CNN: White House Worried FBI Director Wray May Quit Over Memo Release

White House officials are concerned FBI Director Chris Wray may quit if House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes’ (R-CA) memo purporting to show anti-Trump prejudice among federal law enforcement officials is released, CNN reported Thursday.

Senior White House officials are working on a solution that will satisfy both President Donald Trump and Wray, as well as other law enforcement officials, like Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, according to officials with knowledge of the matter who spoke with CNN.

While Wray has not explicitly threatened to resign, the President’s Chief of Staff John Kelly reportedly “believes it is a real possibly” that Wray could leave if the memo goes public and he is striving to mediate the issue, according to CNN.

NBC’s Pete Williams reports that Wray has no intention of quitting over the memo.

The White House did not immediately respond to TPM’s request for comment.

In a rare public statement Wednesday, the FBI expressed “grave concerns about material omissions of fact” in the document, which reportedly alleges FBI officials abused the FISA process when seeking a warrant to surveil Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

CNN reported on Thursday, citing an unnamed senior administration official, that the White House has signed off on several redactions to the document, but continues to reject requests from the FBI and the Department of Justice to block its release.

The White House confirmed Thursday that Trump has read the memo and White House officials expect to get a final decision about the release of the document on Thursday, according to CNN.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ag-super-bowl-sunday-decree-article-1.3791782

South Carolina Gov. issues ‘Stand For The Flag’ decree, urges residents to stand for anthem ‘wherever you watch the Super Bowl'

In 49 of 50 states, Feb. 4 will commonly be referred to as "Super Bowl Sunday." In South Carolina, however, it will be "Stand for the Flag Super Bowl Sunday," according to a decree issued by Gov. Henry McMaster.

McMaster announced the proclamation on Twitter Tuesday, urging all South Carolina residents to stand for the national anthem "wherever you watch the Super Bowl."

"Standing for the national anthem recognizes and honors the sacrifice of generations of men and women who have chosen to serve in the United States Armed Forces," McMaster said in a news release. "I ask that all South Carolinians show the world our state's resolute commitment to supporting our troops by standing for the national anthem wherever you watch the Super Bowl with your loved ones this Sunday."

McMaster's decree comes after a tumultuous NFL season filled with controversy after a large group of NFL players refused to stand during the national anthem in an act of protest to raise awareness of racism, social injustice and police brutality. While many supported the players' peaceful protests, the demonstrations also resulted in a wave of backlash, culminating with Donald Trump saying if an NFL owner sees one of his players refusing to stand for the anthem he should "get that son of a bitch off the field."

McMaster was one of the first high-ranking elected officials to endorse Trump for President when the then-lieutenant governor gave Trump a spirited endorsement during a campaign rally in January 2016.

Similar to Trump, McMaster said in his proclamation that he views the national anthem as patriotic and a way to pay respect to the military. The 70-year-old governor cites South Carolina's high veteran population and active duty personnel as a primary reason for his decree.

McMaster also states "The Star-Spangled Banner" is filled with lyrics "celebrating the American Flag and an historic victory won by brave Americans." McMaster, who controversially refused to renounce his membership to an all-white country club when he took office in 2017, did not mention the seldom-sung third verse which contains racist connotations.

http://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article197419659.html

In a campaign email to his supporters, McMaster was more pointed in his attack against NFL players.

“This football season we’ve seen NFL players disrespect our veterans by taking a knee to our nation’s flag and anthem,” McMaster wrote. “In South Carolina, we respect our veterans and our men and women in the armed forces.”

NFL players’ protests primarily have been in response to police brutality. The protests have involved players refusing to stand or conducting other acts of defiance, such as raising a clenched fist, during the playing of the national anthem.

The issue was inflamed by Trump, who said players who protest should be fired and used a derogatory term for any player who protests.

One South Carolina restaurant has joined the battle. The owner of the Palmetto Restaurant and Ale House in Greenville has been turning off NFL games for almost the entire season. And that won’t change on Super Bowl Sunday.

McMaster’s release says the national anthem describes the American flag and the bravery and sacrifice of those who have fought and died to defend it. In a Facebook post, one man claiming to be a veteran says that he doesn’t want his fellow veterans to be used as pawn on the issue.

“Don’t use Veterans as an excuse for not showing … we get used enough by politicians as to serve their egos, and tossed aside once our use is over.”

Another commenter went a step further. This person, also claiming to be a veteran, said the lone reason they will watch the Super Bowl is to support the players in their protest.

“I don’t even like football, but I plan on watching to support the kneeling players. I am a veteran, and I pledged an oath to uphold the Constitution, which includes the right to protest.”

I'm so confused right now. I don't know what's going on. This muthafucca has in one year of his presidency, caused so much chaos, it's ridiculous.

He's in desperation mode now. If you gotta go thru this kinda length, only means there's DEFINITELY something he's hiding

Can a rogue piece of Asteroid take him out ..its not that just he makes me sicks its the discussion around him people talkin Like"do they have enough" lets not jump to conclusions let the facts.. bla blah fucking blah..

the shit has been apparent from the jump on the Russian tip not to mention everything else. I really dont fuckin get it.

Back