Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

But wouldn’t a black Supreme Court Justice help in those areas?

lol Go look up Clarence Thomas' record.

Push them how? The big idea bantered around here is to withhold our vote. We need to participate in the venues we want to seen change, to be able to effect change. Got to play the game to win it. And too many people on the sidelines, the tripped out part is those are the ones with the most outsized positions.

Now to those that struggling on the daily? Man, the fuck the government bout to do for them? Those of us in even marginally better situations gonna be the one to help them, right or wrong, that's just how that works. I try my best to help those in need in any way I can, and I know that rings true for the rest of us.

You want to hold those in power accountable. Vote! Organize. Go to city council meetings, join or start a rotary club. Be apart of a voting bloc and get people elected that can represent you in a meaningful way. Except that shit is lame to us, and the people from our community who do emerge as political forces are quick to be ostracized by us for trivial reasons. We dont even know the power we wield and how close we actually are to breaking through.

Like I said we want the same thing. Maybe I lost you by leaning into money talk? To me it's all the same thing. Participation matters, representation matters. Be it financial markets, political positions, law, legal, activism, you name it we should be the first, never the last. Whatever your thing is just make sure you're accounted for, and dont knock your brother or sister who gets it another way. Because at the end of the day we need all of us.

None of that really has anything to do with the point I was making with my initial comment. It's fine that Biden nominated a black woman. I'm happy about that. My point is that I don't trust his motives. I don't think he did it because he really wanted to do something good for black people. I believe he did it as a smoke screen the same way he put a bunch of minorities in high places when he first got in office to hide the fact that he was renigging on pretty much all of those Day 1 promises he made.

lol Go look up Clarence Thomas' record.

None of that really has anything to do with the point I was making with my initial comment. It's fine that Biden nominated a black woman. I'm happy about that. My point is that I don't trust his motives. I don't think he did it because he really wanted to do something good for black people. I believe he did it as a smoke screen the same way he put a bunch of minorities in high places when he first got in office to hide the fact that he was renigging on pretty much all of those Day 1 promises he made.
Bruh, be serious. This is not a Clarence Thomas situation.

Bruh, be serious. This is not a Clarence Thomas situation.

It's not, but the point is you can't just assume she's going to do anything of value. What does her record look like? I assume she's not Clarence, but is she Kamala?

Let's say she's great, Trump still fucked us as far as the Supreme Court goes. It will take more than one black judge to make a difference. Good luck to her though. I hope she turns out to be a good pick.

Back