Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Who's disenfranchised though?

We had the thread about black folks not participating in the stock market, and cats didnt want to invest for their own reasons. If we ain't gonna use the tools available what do we expect the outcome to be?

Money getting made all around us, don't talk about no fucking president, just find your lane and work it. NFTs, crypto, influencing, supply chain, commodities, real estate, whatever your thing is theres plenty of ways. I hope he puts 50 hundred more black folks in power while he at it, but I'm going for mine regardless.

Who's disenfranchised though?

We had the thread about black folks not participating in the stock market, and cats didnt want to invest for their own reasons. If we ain't gonna use the tools available what do we expect the outcome to be?

Money getting made all around us, don't talk about no fucking president, just find your lane and work it. NFTs, crypto, influencing, supply chain, commodities, real estate, whatever your thing is theres plenty of ways. I hope he puts 50 hundred more black folks in power while he at it, but I'm going for mine regardless.

lol There is more going on in the world than people making money, man. Black people entered Biden's presidency feeling like a number of our rights have been impeded. He hasn't done anything to change that.

No one is saying he shouldn't put black people in power. However, he shouldn't be doing that to distract from the fact that he's not doing anything else.

Niggas really on here reaching with responses so they can brag on themselves?

lol There is more going on in the world than people making money, man. Black people entered Biden's presidency feeling like a number of our rights have been impeded. He hasn't done anything to change that.

No one is saying he shouldn't put black people in power. However, he shouldn't be doing that to distract from the fact that he's not doing anything else.

Niggas really on here reaching with responses so they can brag on themselves?
Did I brag at any point? I said I'm going for mine that aint bragging my dude, I'd hope everyone has that mentality.

What is it that you want a president to do that we arent better positioned to do ourselves? He selects a black woman for his vice president and that ain't it, black woman for his supreme court nominee aint it either. I say find a lane and run it and you say money ain't it and I'm bragging.

So money ain't the answer, being placed in power ain't in the answer, how the hell we supposed to stop our rights from being infringed upon? These are our solutions and we front on them with no other solutions being presented instead.

I want the same thing as you, and if you got a better way let's go in that direction. But as I talk to on this platform that connects black people from across the globe I'm gonna choose to be encouraged that we already got we need. I'm gonna keep trying to build with yall cause we the most valuable resources we have. And if theres a problem I'm gonna keep trying to solve it.

Did I brag at any point? I said I'm going for mine that aint bragging my dude, I'd hope everyone has that mentality.

What is it that you want a president to do that we arent better positioned to do ourselves? He selects a black woman for his vice president and that ain't it, black woman for his supreme court nominee aint it either. I say find a lane and run it and you say money ain't it and I'm bragging.

So money ain't the answer, being placed in power ain't in the answer, how the hell we supposed to stop our rights from being infringed upon? These are our solutions and we front on them with no other solutions being presented instead.

I want the same thing as you, and if you got a better way let's go in that direction. But as I talk to on this platform that connects black people from across the globe I'm gonna choose to be encouraged that we already got we need. I'm gonna keep trying to build with yall cause we the most valuable resources we have. And if theres a problem I'm gonna keep trying to solve it.

Bruh, we can't make public policy. We can't push the restart button on the policing and the criminal justice system. We can't force more fairness in areas like healthcare, education, housing, etc... We have to push for politicians to do those things. Investing in crypto and stocks does nothing to fix systemic problems. All it does is make a few people wealthier if they play their cards right.

It's just weird to me how nowadays when black people criticize the government, you have people jumping like "Don't worry about the government just build your portfolio or start a business." It's like yo, a lot of our people can barely feed themselves, how the fuck are they supposed to go dump money in some volatile shit that might not even bear any fruit until a decade later?

Bruh, we can't make public policy. We can't push the restart button on the policing and the criminal justice system. We can't force more fairness in areas like healthcare, education, housing, etc... We have to push for politicians to do those things. Investing in crypto and stocks does nothing to fix systemic problems. All it does is make a few people wealthier if they play their cards right.

It's just weird to me how nowadays when black people criticize the government, you have people jumping like "Don't worry about the government just build your portfolio or start a business." It's like yo, a lot of our people can barely feed themselves, how the fuck are they supposed to go dump money in some volatile shit that might not even bear any fruit until a decade later?
But wouldn’t a black Supreme Court Justice help in those areas?

Push them how? The big idea bantered around here is to withhold our vote. We need to participate in the venues we want to seen change, to be able to effect change. Got to play the game to win it. And too many people on the sidelines, the tripped out part is those are the ones with the most outsized positions.

Now to those that struggling on the daily? Man, the fuck the government bout to do for them? Those of us in even marginally better situations gonna be the one to help them, right or wrong, that's just how that works. I try my best to help those in need in any way I can, and I know that rings true for the rest of us.

You want to hold those in power accountable. Vote! Organize. Go to city council meetings, join or start a rotary club. Be apart of a voting bloc and get people elected that can represent you in a meaningful way. Except that shit is lame to us, and the people from our community who do emerge as political forces are quick to be ostracized by us for trivial reasons. We dont even know the power we wield and how close we actually are to breaking through.

Like I said we want the same thing. Maybe I lost you by leaning into money talk? To me it's all the same thing. Participation matters, representation matters. Be it financial markets, political positions, law, legal, activism, you name it we should be the first, never the last. Whatever your thing is just make sure you're accounted for, and dont knock your brother or sister who gets it another way. Because at the end of the day we need all of us.

Back