Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Nah I'm with you on the both sides shit.

I know you go hard (pause) with regard to separating the message from the messenger, but you can't blame people for not believing Trump and Fox News when they thrive on misinformation and down right lies. I mean easily verified lies too.
And what do trump supporters and fox news pundits do when they're caught in lies? They don't own it. They then avoid the topic or keep misleading.

Just like all non Trump/fox news type outlets. U can't get mad when one does it then participate in the shit show doing the same exact thing. (not u specifically). Two sides of the same coin.

But you are right to call out the hypocrisy of the media and cover up. They are supposed to do the legwork to verify or debunk these stories. I think they just got tired of playing Trump's game of say some wild shit and send the media on a wild goose chase to distract from his own negative press. And if that was the case here, they'd still be wrong, but I understand it.
It was a two sided game, this is just one example. But if u look at this backwards ur basically saying, it's understandable if reputable mainstream news dismisses actual news stories with lies, cover ups or misleads if they get tired of a guy they don't like.

*Note that much of that is actually intentional not some subconscious accident*

Then it's not news.

It also begs the question: what else do they do this with? Bc it doesn't stop with one guy/story

And what do trump supporters and fox news pundits do when they're caught in lies? They don't own it. They then avoid the topic or keep misleading.

Just like all non Trump/fox news type outlets. U can't get mad when one does it then participate in the shit show doing the same exact thing. (not u specifically). Two sides of the same coin.

It was a two sided game, this is just one example. But if u look at this backwards ur basically saying, it's understandable if reputable mainstream news dismisses actual news stories with lies, cover ups or misleads if they get tired of a guy they don't like.

*Note that much of that is actually intentional not some subconscious accident*

Then it's not news.

It also begs the question: what else do they do this with? Bc it doesn't stop with one guy/story
I feel you. I’ll only add one side certainly does it a lot more than the other.

Either way, I still prefer network news over cable news. Not as much opinion.

I feel you. I’ll only add one side certainly does it a lot more than the other.
U know not too long ago I'd agree with this but these days I think that gap has definitely narrowed. The mainstream right wing outlets just dont have a prob looking bat shit crazy.

But polarization (which is at an all time high) doesn't happen by only one side.

Back