Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Official "Stay in yo lane" Thread

Growing up I was always on some I'm gonna do shit my way type shit.

Parents and older people kept giving me advice and how I should go to school and this. But Im like nah man fuck school, Im too smart for school, im gonna find another way.

Started hustling, buying them cheap ass sun glasses and selling them. Ran into some Africans who were smugling Nike Air Forces from Vietnam. Them shits were real for $25. So Im buying from them and selling them for $60 to everybody. This is 06 07 so air forces was hot. I also had like 10 other hustles. I was caking for that time.

Anyway im doing little things, making money, confidence shot through the roof, im thinking im a business man. I was 21 and had more money than all my peoples. So it was time for the next move.

Man I take all my money I made, bout 30k, move to PA and open a store in King of Prussia, 8 months later im 100k in debt.

22 years old, no degree, 100k in debt. I realized then I was dumb motherfucker and that I wasn't no damn business man.

Should of stayed in school and stayed in my got damn lane.
Nigga I stayed in kop.

Nigga what store?

I used to work at the arcade next to cinnabon

So growing up, everybody learned how to do some kinda self defense...fighting shit and whatnot. I started going to one of the top gyms we have here. At first I was doing the beginner stuff but I was in my head like man I got all this shit down already I dont need this!
So I decide I ain't going to the beginners shit no more, I'm going to the fighters classes. These mfs either WERE in the UFC or pretty much are in it now. The first couple times I was in the grappling ones...wrestling and BJJ. I held my own for the most part. Yea I was gettin subbed but it wasnt too bad. Had me gassed. Now I decide I'm gonna start going to the stand up classes. It was game speed all day everyday. When I say I got smoked....I GOT SHHHHHHHHMOKEDDDDD! shit didnt even feel like real life. Like I was player 2 and somebody unplugged my controller. All you heard was poof poof poof smack smack poof smack... it turned into me just being like fuck it, dont drop dont drop...I had NO business bein in that mf and them mfs weren't playin games lol...ego wouldnt let me quit. I got a lot better fuckin with them but I also got bumps, bruises, black eyes, a broken nose....shoulda stayed in my lane...but you live and you learn

Last edited:
So coming into my teen years and high school, I thought I could fight.

Got into a bunch of fights in school, 1 on 1s and big ass group fights with the crew.

I was like whatever and 0, so im thinking im the man. Confidence as always shot through the roof.

There was this older kid who had a little rep of being a hot head plus he was going to a boxing gym and had a few boxing matches.

Me and dude was cool, and Im thinking I could whoop anyones ass, plus my boys was gassing me up, so I challenge the boxer to a fight.

So after class we go to his gym, we put on the gloves.

Man im swinging, I thought I was connecting too, and all this dude do is trying to dodge.

Little did I know he was setting me up and trying to get me to the right side of the ring.

So we get there, he gives me an opening. I remember swinging with all my might just knowing I was bout to knock dude out.

Next thing I know its dark and all I hear is loud ass laughing. Must have took me another 10-15 seconds to open my eyes and see I was on laid out on my back and my boys was all laughing.

Dude knocked me the fuck out. I aint even feel no pain. Worst part is my boys said I got three pieced. I never told them this but to this day I dont even remember seeing the first one.

Man I should have kept my fighting to kids like myself and stayed in my motherfucking lane.

@haf how come you didn't tell them how them Shreveport niggas had you running through the neighborhood like a loose dog. Dead af

@haf how come you didn't tell them how them Shreveport niggas had you running through the neighborhood like a loose dog. Dead af

that wasnt a stay in yo lane story

thats for the "when keeping it real aint wise" thread

I moved from my lil town to DFW at 17-18 thinking I needed to be in a bigger, better city....I was the shit in my lil area, had connects, a few lil females, no real beef w/ nobody....everything was good but I had small problems at home and wanted to "grow"

got out there and got my head spun......my clothes were wack, my lingo was dated, I didnt have neeeear enough money to really function out there

and any and every job I applied for had 100 other more qualified applicants who dressed better and had transportation

ended up in the nastiest lil corners of Dallas and Ft Worth petty hustlin w/ people I regret meeting

got fucked over a couple times, took all kinda losses, was risking decades of jail time for dumb shit, AND made a kid

Stay in yo lane

Can't fault yourself for wanting & moving out of your home city to go to a city that's bigger, more potential & diversity especially since you didn't have any descendants at the time. I heard it's kinda costly there. Relocating is something that I'm going to have to do pretty soon. What range of money you had when you moved there?

Can't fault yourself for wanting & moving out of your home city to go to a city that's bigger, more potential & diversity especially since you didn't have any descendants at the time. I heard it's kinda costly there. Relocating is something that I'm going to have to do pretty soon. What range of money you had when you moved there?

lmao none

I was a hard headed kid with some cash in my pocket, literally

bounced around with family til i got a spot

you're much further along in life and would be fine pretty much anywhere

Back