Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Official "Stay in yo lane" Thread

1/2

Dont drank out my drank, foo
So we've all tried to step out of our comfort zone for one reason or another.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes you regret being born.

Tell us about a time life humbled you, and told you to stay in your lane.

Did you listen?

Why or why or not?

If you dont have a personal story, share one of someone else that needed to stay in their lane.....friends, fam, celebrity, dont matter.

My idea is to go from past all the way to current times and keep it moving, so this can be a day to day thing.

I got a short one that I've told before....

I was in 7th grade and went to a high school dance with my uncle. I've never been able to dance for shit, not to mention im maybe 130 lbs soaking wet at this time. Everybody's dancing and kickin it and Unc is pretty well known so im feeling the pressure. There was this thick ass chick dancing alone close by me and she may have even looked my way, dont really remember, but my lil ass decides to jump behind her. Long story short she knocked my ass around and just basically made a whole fool outta me on the floor....by the time it hit me we had a whole circle around us dying laughing.....I wanted to disappear

Stay in yo lane

When I was like 17/18 I used to rap. Started off just freestyling with the homies. We recorded in a basement on a 4 track, usually after some drinks and a blunt or two.

Took it kinda serious to where I was writing raps somewhat regularly and having rhyme sessions a couple of times a week.

Then one day we went to an actual professional studio and I heard myself... And I was garbage.

Garbage flow. Garbage voice. Garbage bars

Before, maybe I could chalk it up to the quality of the equipment we used wasn't that good or something. But once we used some quality stuff I couldn't hide my wackness from myself or others that day.

Stepped out the booth and nobody in the studio could make eye contact. Cats weren't even holding their heads up.

Had me like yeeeeeeah, this might not be my lane, lemme go ahead and put the mic down forever.

I got a short one that I've told before....

I was in 7th grade and went to a high school dance with my uncle. I've never been able to dance for shit, not to mention im maybe 130 lbs soaking wet at this time. Everybody's dancing and kickin it and Unc is pretty well known so im feeling the pressure. There was this thick ass chick dancing alone close by me and she may have even looked my way, dont really remember, but my lil ass decides to jump behind her. Long story short she knocked my ass around and just basically made a whole fool outta me on the floor....by the time it hit me we had a whole circle around us dying laughing.....I wanted to disappear

Stay in yo lane

Reactions: 1/2
I moved from my lil town to DFW at 17-18 thinking I needed to be in a bigger, better city....I was the shit in my lil area, had connects, a few lil females, no real beef w/ nobody....everything was good but I had small problems at home and wanted to "grow"

got out there and got my head spun......my clothes were wack, my lingo was dated, I didnt have neeeear enough money to really function out there

and any and every job I applied for had 100 other more qualified applicants who dressed better and had transportation

ended up in the nastiest lil corners of Dallas and Ft Worth petty hustlin w/ people I regret meeting

got fucked over a couple times, took all kinda losses, was risking decades of jail time for dumb shit, AND made a kid

Stay in yo lane

When I was like 17/18 I used to rap. Started off just freestyling with the homies. We recorded in a basement on a 4 track, usually after some drinks and a blunt or two.

Took it kinda serious to where I was writing raps somewhat regularly and having rhyme sessions a couple of times a week.

Then one day we went to an actual professional studio and I heard myself... And I was garbage.

Garbage flow. Garbage voice. Garbage bars

Before, maybe I could chalk it up to the quality of the equipment we used wasn't that good or something. But once we used some quality stuff I couldn't hide my wackness from myself or others that day.

Stepped out the booth and nobody in the studio could make eye contact. Cats weren't even holding their heads up.

Had me like yeeeeeeah, this might not be my lane, lemme go ahead and put the mic down forever.

R.I.P MC Herbs

Back in 05 when Lil Jon and Usher dropped Lovers & Friends it was my favorite song and had me thinkin I could sing, like no bullshit. So yea, I tried to sang that shit while on 3 way with these 2 chicks from schoo and they held in their laughter until i got to Ushers ending verse where he hits those high ass notes with the "Ah, ah Oooos"" but then they busted out laughing n shit.. I hung up in embarrassment but then when I saw em I played it off like it was a joke. They aint know I was dead ass serious though.

You would think I would of learned my lesson from that shit ^

but fast forward to like 08.. we fresh outta highschool and me and my niggas doin our thing with the rap shit.. one of em decide he wanna do somethin for the ladies. So he drops a verse on this smooth ass R&B beat, we all hype over how dope that shit sounding like we bout to have a smash radio hit and shit but then he like "We need somebody to sing the hook" so im like "I got it!!" Man I hop on that shit.. record the hook and in my head im sangin my fuckin heart out nigga! Like this shit sounding good as fuck to me and these niggas is hyping me like I really killed the shit.. So not long after we finish some chicks slide through to kick it and ask to hear some shit

So aight, niggas put the track on they vibing to that shit.. then it gets to the hook with me sanging and one of em like "Ewwww.. nuh-uh.. who is that?! He need to stop.." so im lookin around like "I dont know who the hell that nigga is" tell me why I look over in the corner n these niggas laughing they asses off.

That was it for me bruh.

You would think I would of learned my lesson from that shit ^

but fast forward to like 08.. we fresh outta highschool and me and my niggas doin our thing with the rap shit.. one of em decide he wanna do somethin for the ladies. So he drops a verse on this smooth ass R&B beat, we all hype over how dope that shit sounding like we bout to have a smash radio hit and shit but then he like "We need somebody to sing the hook" so im like "I got it!!" Man I hop on that shit.. record the hook and in my head im sangin my fuckin heart out nigga! Like this shit sounding good as fuck to me and these niggas is hyping me like I really killed the shit.. So not long after we finish some chicks slide through to kick it and ask to hear some shit

So aight, niggas put the track on they vibing to that shit.. then it gets to the hook with me sanging and one of em like "Ewwww.. nuh-uh.. who is that?! He need to stop.." so im lookin around like "I dont know who the hell that nigga is" tell me why I look over in the corner n these niggas laughing they asses off.

That was it for me bruh.

lol my cousin had his head blown up by his mama his whole life and used to try to sing

swore he was cookin too

quit his job, bought equipment, started a online campaign for mixtapes and shit.....

few months later he working for some mobile company

I asked about the mixtape he was just like huh?

giphy.gif

"ahhhh you know how shit be man......people dont support"

lol my cousin had his head blown up by his mama his whole life and used to try to sing

swore he was cookin too

quit his job, bought equipment, started a online campaign for mixtapes and shit.....

few months later he working for some mobile company

I asked about the mixtape he was just like huh?

giphy.gif

"ahhhh you know how shit be man......people dont support"

Bet somebody crushed the shit outta his dream. Thats how It be

Back in high school, me and a of couple friends was talking about participating in the talent show as a singing group. This idea was spontaneous af. No real thought was put into this. We was all just shootin da shyt until the 1st period bell rang to officially start school.

At that time Shai's "If I ever fall in love" was blowing up. ALL the girls lost their minds when that song came on. It was the go to song if you had a r&b group. So already you know we was ALL...IN.

So one of my boys kicks it off wit the "OOOOOO...BADA-OOO...BAA-OOO" part, and then we come in harmonizing the same part. Just like the actual song. Yeeeaaahhhhh...I dunno what da fucc we were thinkin. We sounded TURRIBLE. I was NOT gonna get up on that stage and embarrass myself in front of the whole school. Fucc dat!

Before one of them even got to the "AAAAAANNNDDD IIIIF I EVVVV..." part...

giphy-1.gif
...I was out.

I guess reality finally set in wit the rest of them, and decided to nix the idea. Smart move. We would've gotten BOOOOOOOOOOO'd off that stage, and outta our school.

Stay in yo muthafuccin lane mayne

Last edited:
- had a joke bomb in front of some people

- high school party...these dudes was like " ay we got a blunt but no lighter" i was like ok well come get me when u bouta smoke...i go outside n 5 of em smokn in a circle..

I ended up never inviting them to partys etc...one was in jail n i laughed

Back in high school, me and a of couple friends was talking about participating in the talent show as a singing group. This idea was spontaneous af. No real thought was put into this. We was all just shootin da shyt until the 1st period bell rang to officially start school.

At that time Shai's "If I ever fall in love" was blowing up. ALL the girls lost their minds when that song came on. It was the go to song if you had a r&b group. So already you know we was ALL...IN.

So one of my boys kicks it off wit the "OOOOOO...BADA-OOO...BAA-OOO" part, and then we come in harmonizing the same part. Just like the actual song. Yeeeaaahhhhh...I dunno what da fucc we were thinkin. We sounded TURRIBLE. I was NOT gonna get up on that stage and embarrass myself in front of the whole school. Fucc dat!

Before one of them even got to the "AAAAAANNNDDD IIIIF I EVVVV..." part...

View attachment 72920
...I was out.

I guess reality finally set in wit the rest of them, and decided to nix the idea. Smart move. We would've gotten BOOOOOOOOOOO'd off that stage, and outta our school.

Stay in yo muthafuccin lane mayne
you can sing bruh?

Growing up I was always on some I'm gonna do shit my way type shit.

Parents and older people kept giving me advice and how I should go to school and this. But Im like nah man fuck school, Im too smart for school, im gonna find another way.

Started hustling, buying them cheap ass sun glasses and selling them. Ran into some Africans who were smugling Nike Air Forces from Vietnam. Them shits were real for $25. So Im buying from them and selling them for $60 to everybody. This is 06 07 so air forces was hot. I also had like 10 other hustles. I was caking for that time.

Anyway im doing little things, making money, confidence shot through the roof, im thinking im a business man. I was 21 and had more money than all my peoples. So it was time for the next move.

Man I take all my money I made, bout 30k, move to PA and open a store in King of Prussia, 8 months later im 100k in debt.

22 years old, no degree, 100k in debt. I realized then I was dumb motherfucker and that I wasn't no damn business man.

Should of stayed in school and stayed in my got damn lane.

Move to Cali

Was extremely humble by the women out there and had to change my approach because I was so used to southern women and what they tend to like

I adjusted pretty quickly though.

Move to Cali

Was extremely humble by the women out there and had to change my approach because I was so used to southern women and what they tend to like

I adjusted pretty quickly though.

Lol you mean they didnt give a fuck about food and liquor or what kinda cologne you wore

What they be on out there?

Lol you mean they didnt give a fuck about food and liquor or what kinda cologne you wore

What they be on out there?

Ima be real. Southern women are more upfront and aggressive with it and tend to say what they want.

My NOLA accent kept me afloat till I adjusted after about a month lol

Back