Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

I love what the jags are doing. Hurns was gonna demand a ot of money. Scouts alike think he's better out the slot.

Both hurns and AR15 struggle beating press coverage.

They probably will draft a WR in the early rounds. Resigned bortles and didn't break the bank going after a FA QB.

Now they have money to keep the defense together

So now they got a wack QB with zero WRs. LF7 gonna be seeing 9 man fronts all season..yikes

Johnathan Hankins, Alan Branch are visiting the Detroit Lions, too
Updated 10:33 AM; Posted 10:22 AM
hankins1jpg-58d1d5179348520f.jpg

The Lions are hosting former Giants and Colts defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins on a free-agent visit. (AP File Photo)

0 shares
By Kyle Meinke

[email protected]

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions started their morning by coming to terms with one local product. Now they're set to host another, and it's a big one. Literally.

Johnathan Hankins, a 325-pound defensive tackle from Dearborn Heights, is expected to visit the Lions according to ESPN.

This is big news. The Lions have a hole in the middle of their defense after losing Haloti Ngata to the Eagles, and Hankins is one of the best players available at the position. He became a star in four seasons with the Giants, and played well in his lone season with Indianapolis, finishing with 44 tackles, two sacks and three passes defended.

He was the 20th-best interior defender in the game, according to ProFootballFocus, and he was third best against the run. And that's attractive to a team that just lost its best run defender.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2018/03/ask_kyle_detroit_lions_free_ag.html

But the Colts are undergoing a defensive scheme change under new head coach Frank Reich, and released Hankins just one year into his three-year deal. And he'd be a great fit for what Detroit is doing under first-year coach Matt Patricia.

Of course, it also would cost Detroit a lot to land Hankins. He's among the best defensive linemen still on the market, and others are expressing interesting, including Washington.

The Lions appear to be developing a Plan B, hosting Alan Branch on a free-agent visit too. The former Michigan star, now 33, has spent the last four years playing for Patricia in New England. But he had just 12 tackles last season and finished the year as a healthy scratch. He did not play in the Super Bowl.

PLEASE DON'T LET THIS MAN LEAVE WITHOUT A CONTRACT.

Damn, him and snacks on our D line was one of the bright spots of the squad.

@ my fellow giants fans, what do you think is the way we should handle our 2nd pick?

Damn, him and snacks on our D line was one of the bright spots of the squad.

@ my fellow giants fans, what do you think is the way we should handle our 2nd pick?

If Barkley is there take him. If not trade back with Denver and take Q Nelson or Chubb(the dlinemen) and a boat load of picks. Use picks to fix the rest of the holes on roster (CBs, LBs and a Tackle, def gotta come outta this draft with another Tackle picked in the first 4 rds).
However, I would not be mad if they draft a QB. I prefer they don't, but I been watching Eli do goofy/errant shit for a minute now and not ALL of it was on the Oline.

They ain’t playing with this. I’d trust their mission statement & personnel over silly ass Vince McMahon any day.

Yeah they taking it serious while Vince just tried to have a league where his viewers are primarily white folks who boycotted the NFL due to the players not standing for the flag/national anthem. Vince sold most of his WWE shares to start up his league and it looks like he is about to take a serious L because he want be launching his football league until 2020

Not bad. Jesus we had to do something, anything. Wonder if G Men gonna take Chubb now

Back