Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

Brown's making solid moves. Tyrod is good enough to make them respectable, especially with a healthy Coleman,Gordon, and Landry. Add in Barkley, and More defensive help, Dawg Pound may be jumpin in Cleveland.

That Taylor trade could be very telling of how likely Browns are to draft Barkley. Which means Giants will have digs on best/preferred QB in draft. Might be too tempting to pass up

If the Browns don’t take Barkley 1st, which will be tough taken a Running Back #1 since hasn’t happen since ‘95. I don’t see the Giants passing him up at #2.

I want giants to take Barkley or trade down and pick up Nelson with 5 or 6th pick and get Few more picks along the way. Fuck a QB, let Manning QB with a better Oline and groom Webb. The offensive weapons are there. Just upgrade the line and give manning time to use them properly. If we sign Norwell and draft Nelson that's two major pieces right there. Use up the other draft picks on a tackle or two and sign another in free agency and let Manning work. Giants led the league in dropped passes last year. So if It wasn't the oline letting manning down it was his receivers.
I would also ask manning and B.Marshall to take pay cuts and use that shit for a OT free agent.

I want giants to take Barkley or trade down and pick up Nelson with 5 or 6th pick and get Few more picks along the way. Fuck a QB, let Manning QB with a better Oline and groom Webb. The offensive weapons are there. Just upgrade the line and give manning time to use them properly. If we sign Norwell and draft Nelson that's two major pieces right there. Use up the other draft picks on a tackle or two and sign another in free agency and let Manning work. Giants led the league in dropped passes last year. So if It wasn't the oline letting manning down it was his receivers.
I would also ask manning and B.Marshall to take pay cuts and use that shit for a OT free agent.
Did B.Marshall sign a 3yr deal?

I think Manning should go to ESPN. Tho FOX probably would pay him a shit ton more.

Buffalo may try to trade up in the draft and get a QB. They have 2 first Rd picks (21) and (22).

Buffalo may try to trade up in the draft and get a QB. They have 2 first Rd picks (21) and (22).

If Rosen, Darnold n Allen are all gone by the 6th pick and the Bills wanna trade up n take Baker. Jets should holla.

Both 2018 1st rd picks, 2019 1st rd pick and some other later rd pick. Maybe this years 6th rd pick.

@5th Letter

I would pass on Barkley with the first pick. They should take a QB first and take Barkley or Chubb at 4. If both are gone(i think a team trades up into the top 3 for a QB) take Fitzpatrick or trade down

None of these "top" QB's are 1st pick status imo. They are all good, but not great (w/ obvious flaws).

Trust and believe Saquan will not be there @ 4 if they pass. Although it's not the biggest need for either team the Giants and Indy would pounce on that! There's no off guard/tackle that is rated higher than Barkley.

They prolly will go either QB or defense. Chubb prolly won't be there either b/c Lord knows the Giants and Indy need to bolster each of their pass rush so Minkah does makes sense.

None of these "top" QB's are 1st pick status imo. They are all good, but not great (w/ obvious flaws).

Trust and believe Saquan will not be there @ 4 if they pass. Although it's not the biggest need for either team the Giants and Indy would pounce on that! There's no off guard/tackle that is rated higher than Barkley.

They prolly will go either QB or defense. Chubb prolly won't be there either b/c Lord knows the Giants and Indy need to bolster each of their pass rush so Minkah does makes sense.

Bolded...Thats what everyone was sayin about Goff n Wentz two years ago....gotta let shit play out.

I wouldnt be surprised if Darnold, Rosen and Allen all go 1,2,3. With the Broncos n Jets both trading up.

I see thm trading up and taking a qb with 3 2nd rd pics

1st will be Barkley, 2nd will be Defense.

Could trade up for Allen or Jackson in the teens

Na. Them niggas gotta take a QB with that 1st or 4th pick. They done let enough great QBs go past them. I think they NEED to take QB with first pick and if Barkley is there at 4th take him, if not take Chubb and put em on that line with Myles G. When given the opportunity to build around a player/position. Always start with the QB. Is a passing league now. What happened this year with foles, keenum and Bortles was an outlier. Plus, those teams had GREAT defenses. Cleveland nowhere near that. Take th e QB with the first pick and gamble on Barkley being at 4th not vice versa

2 years. He is owed 5 mil this final year. Which is still a bargain for what he once was, but homie looked washed last year and is now coming off injury in his mid 30s. The only hope is that the offensive scheme was the real problem and the new regime will knoe how to utilize him.
A healthy group of receivers should help him out too. OBJ,and Sterling Shepard back from injuries. B.Marshall could be a nice possession/red zone receiver.

A healthy group of receivers should help him out too. OBJ,and Sterling Shepard back from injuries. B.Marshall could be a nice possession/red zone receiver.

That's why I'm against drafting a QB. This roster, especially on offense is set up to win now. The Oline just needs to be addressed on offense and the linebackers (they just scooped one up) and rotational pieces on the edges on defense. You got OBJ, Sheppard and Engram playing in their physical primes, as well as a veteran tall WR. That's not rebuildng pieces. That's a let's go get it now type of arsenal. I would also resign that Cockrell guy we got from Pitt last year and draft a CB

Na. Them niggas gotta take a QB with that 1st or 4th pick. They done let enough great QBs go past them. I think they NEED to take QB with first pick and if Barkley is there at 4th take him, if not take Chubb and put em on that line with Myles G. When given the opportunity to build around a player/position. Always start with the QB. Is a passing league now. What happened this year with foles, keenum and Bortles was an outlier. Plus, those teams had GREAT defenses. Cleveland nowhere near that. Take th e QB with the first pick and gamble on Barkley being at 4th not vice versa

I agree with the stance that those teams had very good/great defenses, but let's not discount that each of those teams had damn good running games either (ball control).

Quick question... How much talent/ability do you think seperates Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Mayfield??

Bolded...Thats what everyone was sayin about Goff n Wentz two years ago....gotta let shit play out.

I wouldnt be surprised if Darnold, Rosen and Allen all go 1,2,3. With the Broncos n Jets both trading up.

This is very true!.... My point still stands tho. Teams are just thirsty to find their next franchise quarterback!

Besides them needing one, the main reason the Rams got Goff is because they were now playing in LA! So they had to make a splash, traded up and reached to take the hometown kid who played well @ UCLA.

Philly took Wentz b/c they were in win now mode. Although he went to a smaller school, I could see why they were intrigued. Big arm, accurate, great #'s in college and very fast for his size (4.7 @ 6'5 235). It made sense!

To be clear tho, these two QB (Wentz & Goff) were BY FAR the best prospects in their class. The next qb's drafted were Paxton Lynch and Christian Hackenburg for Christ sake! lol

Last edited:
Back