Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...y-buccaneers-gives-11000-aid-family-slain-man

Mike Evans donates $11,000 to help shooting victim's family

Mike Evans is staying true to his word to "help a lot of people" after signing an extension with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers earlier this year.

On Saturday, he donated $11,000 to the family of Gregory Hill, who was shot and killed by a St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office deputy in 2014.

Hill's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit, and after a two-week trial in May, a jury ruled in favor of the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office, saying Hill was 99 percent responsible for his death and the department 1 percent responsible. The jury awarded the family $4, $1 for each of Hill's three children and $1 for funeral expenses. The family, however, received just 4 cents (1 percent of the $4 award).

Evans asked how he could help the family in a tweet Saturday and was directed to a GoFundMe page that was created after the verdict. Evans' donation helped push the total raised to nearly $100,000.

When the 24-year-old wide receiver signed his five-year, $82 million extension in March, Evans said of his charity plans, "It's hard to put into words. With my actions you'll see it." Last year, Evans and his wife, Ashli, also founded the Mike Evans Family Foundation, which gives scholarships to high school graduates coming from low-income situations and provides help to women and their families who are victims of domestic violence.

Gregory Hill was 30 when he was shot and killed by an officer responding to a complaint about loud music in 2014. After officers knocked on his garage and front doors, Hill opened his garage door. He was shot when he lowered the garage door and police alleged that Hill pointed a gun at the deputies. An unloaded gun was found in his pocket and tests revealed that his blood alcohol content was 0.40.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Hot Take: Eli Manning won't make it through the season as the Giants starting QB. I think Davis Webb takes the job from him before the end of the season. Healthy OBJ, Webb with an arm that can make the throws Eli can't at this point.....I think Webb takes his job.

What have you seen from Davis Webb that makes you so sure of that?
Unless Eli gets hurt or the giants are out of playoff contention or either losing or winning by alot. I don't see Webb playing this year much. I hope the kid turns out to be a good QB though. I always said I want to see Eli play w a running game and a decent Oline before I give up on him. No running game and a weak Oline severely affects a QB, especially one that is not mobile. Mix in a VERY predictable playbook.

What have you seen from Davis Webb that makes you so sure of that?
Unless Eli gets hurt or the giants are out of playoff contention or either losing or winning by alot. I don't see Webb playing this year much. I hope the kid turns out to be a good QB though. I always said I want to see Eli play w a running game and a decent Oline before I give up on him. No running game and a weak Oline severely affects a QB, especially one that is not mobile. Mix in a VERY predictable playbook.

Just his arm. We'll get to see more in pre-season to confirm but if Eli starts short-arming those deep throws to OBJ I won't be shocked if Giants fans start getting itch and calling for Webb (especially if Webb shows something in pre-season).
No doubt you're right tho. A running game and a better o-line should help Eli more.
Plus you know that dude never seems to get hurt or stay hurt lol. So weird how he and Philip Rivers -same class, didn't want to play for SD, etc. are the two QB iron men post - Favre.

Notice what the Steelers are leaving out is the guaranteed money, just like they did last year. They "raised" this year's by deal 10 mil, but they're still essentially offering him a 30 mil guaranteed contract. I see Bell wanting somewhere around the range of 45 mil guaranteed.

1cf4bfa36730eba3b11f802f762ac09e.300x225x196.gif

Todd just reset the market and that's what Lev was/is expecting to get. lol

Last edited:
aight fellas

props to @Chi-town B and @Hustletown or was it @5th Letter? Whoever it was

starting this season, there will be dedicated threads for MNF/TNF games instead of a catch all thread for all things football related. Those threads will be stickied on game day and unstickied by the start of the following weeks sleight of games.

Last edited:
Back