Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

Malcolm Jenkins is my new favorite player. Any eagle fan want to point me in the direction on where I can cop his jersey?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ers-says-anthem-protesters-arent-unpatriotic/

That said, deep divisions exist based on party and racial lines.

For example, Democrats support the right to protest via an 82-16 margin. Republicans say there is no right to protest, by a nearly identical split of 81-16.

African-American voters support the right to protest, 85-11. Hispanic voters agree, with a 67-28 margin. White voters believe players don’t have the right to protest, via a narrower gap of 53-43.

And while all American voters support the NFL’s new anthem policy (51-42), all American voters oppose fining teams if players on the field fail to stand for the anthem, by a 51-44 margin.

But he did bitch every year about not getting in though. He should go, do his Micheal Jordan I thank only me -Fuck you, fuck you and fuck you speech. Drop the mic, then bounce!

Lol how dare he not want to attend the hall of fame ceremony in which most of the voters were in their feelings when it came to voting him in. Smh at one of the top 3 WRs of all time not getting in the first time

It took Art Monk 2o years to get in and he had all of the records when he retired. It took Chris Carter five years and when he retired he was number two in receptions and touchdowns.

A theory emerges on T.O.’s decision to skip Canton
Mike Florio
10 hrs ago
AAymXZm.img
© Getty Images
It’s not entirely clear why receiver Terrell Owens won’t be participating in the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. One person with knowledge of how the ceremony works has offered a theory.

For the Hall of Famer, induction weekend can be an expensive proposition, with travel and lodging for multiple family members and friends, and the cost of a party commemorating the honor. As one source explained it, most Hall of Famers get financial support from the team with which they are most associated, or possibly from a sponsor.

Given that Owens played for so many teams — and routinely nuked the bridge back to each one — it’s possible that Owens realized during his initial visit to Canton that: (1) Hall of Fame weekend won’t be cheap; and (2) the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, and/or Bengals won’t be chipping in to cover the tab.

If Owens can instead persuade another network to televise an induction party, at which Owens would deliver his speech, the network would foot the bill for the event. And Owens would have a one-man Hall of Fame party that potentially will upstage the official enshrinement of Owens and seven others.

I know a while back he was saying he was broke so I ain't mad at him for doing what he gotta do. Assuming all that's true

It took Art Monk 2o years to get in and he had all of the records when he retired. It took Chris Carter five years and when he retired he was number two in receptions and touchdowns.

A theory emerges on T.O.’s decision to skip Canton
Mike Florio
10 hrs ago
AAymXZm.img
© Getty Images
It’s not entirely clear why receiver Terrell Owens won’t be participating in the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. One person with knowledge of how the ceremony works has offered a theory.

For the Hall of Famer, induction weekend can be an expensive proposition, with travel and lodging for multiple family members and friends, and the cost of a party commemorating the honor. As one source explained it, most Hall of Famers get financial support from the team with which they are most associated, or possibly from a sponsor.

Given that Owens played for so many teams — and routinely nuked the bridge back to each one — it’s possible that Owens realized during his initial visit to Canton that: (1) Hall of Fame weekend won’t be cheap; and (2) the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, and/or Bengals won’t be chipping in to cover the tab.

If Owens can instead persuade another network to televise an induction party, at which Owens would deliver his speech, the network would foot the bill for the event. And Owens would have a one-man Hall of Fame party that potentially will upstage the official enshrinement of Owens and seven others.
If Tru, and mostly likely Tru...how can anyone be mad? Let T.O be T.O

Back