Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MMA Thread

Sheesh, seems like Francis was ready for Stipe this time around, better take down defense and that KO was nasty
I'd say, even more ready this time around.
First time I think a lot of factors played in. Apart from cardio(needing to get leaner), the obligations of fighting a title fight, the amount of rounds, the expectactions(Kamaru and Izzie weren't champs yet but I know for a fact Kamaru and Francis were talking for a while about getting that belt so whomever would get it done first was big) . But one thing I bet Francis noticed and I don't think too many noticed as they were piling on Francis about that fight for the last couple of years, Francis got a second wind in the later rounds and he was actually stuffing Stipes take downs more in the later rounds. Mix in more wrestling work and acting on the patience being preached by his coaches and voila.

UFC lost how many super fights playing the "let him fight xyz first... then..."

Fuck all that. Set the shit up as it happens.

They should have done Bones vs Izzie instead of Jan vs Izzie. Should've let Jan fight Glover then and Bones fight Izzie. If Izzie won, then Izzie got winner of Jan vs Glover. If Bones won then Bones could move up if he wanted to or stay back at LHW.
Now the likelihood of Bones vs Izzie isn't good. Bones already moving up and you know at this point he'd make hella demands before fighting Izzie since Izzie already lost at LHW.

I don't really get what Jones is trying to do here. He was getting paid 2M a fight, and no he's talking about giving him 5 times that much for a single fight is too low? What does he want?

He brings up Conor. Well from my understanding, Conor fights bring in about 3 times as many views as Jon's fights, so while Jon's legacy and performance has been much greater, the views are what raises the money. It's kinda hard for you to be acting like you should be making more money for a fight than Conor when you're not actually bringing in more money than Conor. On top of all that, from what I've seen, Conor's highest guaranteed payout was like 3.5M, so if the UFC offered Jones 10, that would be huge.

Honestly, I think he's looking for boxing numbers, which is dumb. You can't look across sports and demand the same types of paydays because the sports aren't set up the same. You never hear MLB players trying to negotiate their contracts based on what the NBA pays its players.

Come on Silva, stop fucking up your legacy
If he wasn't fighting the biggest waste of a legacy to ever live, I might agree with you. Chavez Sr. still running 5 and 6 miles every day during that 24/7 while Junior loafing is still some of the saddest shit.

Back