Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MMA Thread

Sport is brutal, it wears on them. A lot of them also become gun shy a bit.
It’s crazy when you think about the amount of fighters the UFC has chewed up and spit out.

I do agree they get gun shy as well. Not saying UFC is like war, but it’s like when soldiers combat effectiveness always gets worse and worse the more and more fighting they are apart of.

Last edited:
It’s crazy when you think about the amount of fighters the UFC has chewed up and spit out.

I do agree they get gun shy as well. Not saying UFC is like war, but it’s like when soldiers combat effectiveness always gets worse and worse the more and more fighting they are apart of.
I def can see the similarities between war and combat sports to an extent. Even sadder is when they retire from both fields and they get terrible post-career lives smh

I def can see the similarities between war and combat sports to an extent. Even sadder is when they retire from both fields and they get terrible post-career lives smh

Look at some of the guys who have been top 10-15 in the world at some point in their career but are retired now and basically working regular jobs/living paycheck to paycheck and didn’t get their future set up at all.

And not even because they were bad with tbier money, but because they never got paid fuckin shit and now their mind and body is broken/damaged.

Look at some of the guys who have been top 10-15 in the world at some point in their career but are retired now and basically working regular jobs/living paycheck to paycheck and didn’t get their future set up at all.

And not even because they were bad with tbier money, but because they never got paid fuckin shit and now their mind and body is broken/damaged.
100% correct. Getting paid 40/40 when you have taxes, coaches, agents, isn't enough to carry them over even if they've been smart.

Fedor is defintely one of those dudes that stayed too long. He went from being at the top of the GOAT conversation to racking up a bunch of Ls and now not even being mentioned in that conversation.

Back