Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MMA Thread

Man Max is a savage.. there is such thing as being too tough .. I think after a beatdown like that ortega should be let into every gang
That man is a dog he was throwing some heat too.. One of these days its going to catch up Max everyone with that type of defense gets got.. everyone.. Ali/Silva/Roy Jones i wish he was more responsible defensively..But dammit he is a master

Man Max is a savage.. there is such thing as being too tough .. I think after a beatdown like that ortega should be let into every gang
That man is a dog he was throwing some heat too.. One of these days its going to catch up Max everyone with that type of defense gets got.. everyone.. Ali/Silva/Roy Jones i wish he was more responsible defensively..But dammit he is a master

That's how I feel too..someone's gonna catch him for real. Like you said, all of the guys that relied on reflexes and some kinda chin, eventually got caught and sad to say, max is gonna get his...but right now hes BJ Penn over here lol

I don't understand that fight to be honest. I know MMA isn't boxing and there are reasons you don't want to keep your hands up, but come on if someone is tagging you freely in the face, how can you not put your hands up at all. Ortega wasn't trying to defend at all, especially in the later rounds. I don't know if he was tired or what, but when Holloway was hitting him, he was basically just absorbing damage. He didn't try to cover up or back away or anything.

It's kinda crazy. They kept talking about the volume of attacks and how Holloway didn't tire, but you're not going to tire if you're not putting any power in your punches. He probably could have finished Ortega sooner if he had started leaning into some of those punches.

Back