Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Grace at Beyond the Trailer is saying he was never really fired and it was just a PR stunt to make Disney seem self accountable. That's why Gunn laid low and Batista talked all that shit because none of it was real.

I'm disappointed cause I was looking forward to a different director taking a more serious tone with GOTG3. I'm tired of Gunn and his annoying "we aren't really in the MCU" tweets.

Lmao. Marvel sent Gunn to DC to put the finishing touches on that shit lol.

Noah Hawley, the creator of FX’s LEGION and FARGO, recently appeared at SXSW, where he provided an update on his DOCTOR DOOM movie. Via The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige met with Hawley about Fox’s DOOM movie. However, Hawley came away from that meeting with more questions than answers.

According to Hawley, Feige asked “Are you still working on [DOCTOR DOOM]?” Hawley’s response was “Should I still be working on it?” Unfortunately, Feige was unable to provide a “concrete answer.”

Additionally, Hawley shared a few details about the DOCTOR DOOM script. He described it as “a geopolitical thriller” that begins when Doom puts an impenetrable dome over his homeland, Latveria. The POV character is a female journalist who is selected by Doom to visit Latveria and share his story with the world

https://www.superherohype.com/movie...addresses-the-status-of-his-doctor-doom-movie

Noah Hawley, the creator of FX’s LEGION and FARGO, recently appeared at SXSW, where he provided an update on his DOCTOR DOOM movie. Via The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige met with Hawley about Fox’s DOOM movie. However, Hawley came away from that meeting with more questions than answers.

According to Hawley, Feige asked “Are you still working on [DOCTOR DOOM]?” Hawley’s response was “Should I still be working on it?” Unfortunately, Feige was unable to provide a “concrete answer.”

Additionally, Hawley shared a few details about the DOCTOR DOOM script. He described it as “a geopolitical thriller” that begins when Doom puts an impenetrable dome over his homeland, Latveria. The POV character is a female journalist who is selected by Doom to visit Latveria and share his story with the world

https://www.superherohype.com/movie...addresses-the-status-of-his-doctor-doom-movie
Interesting. Is latveria really his homeland? I thought he created latveria out of some area.

Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige Promises “Many More Announcements to Come”

Chief Kevin Feige promises Marvel Studios has “many more announcements to come” regarding its slate beyond July’s Spider-Man: Far From Home, telling the Los Angeles Times, “Put it this way: It’s only the beginning.”

The future line up, to be kept secret until the Disney-owned studio premieres Avengers: Endgamein April, is anticipated to be revealed at Disney’s bi-annual D23 Expo in August. In October 2014, Feige famously unveiled a blockbuster-filled slate from within Disney’s El Capitan theater in Hollywood, officially announcing for the first time Captain America: Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and back-to-back Avengers films.

“When we have information to reveal, we want to reveal it,” Feige said from the El Capitan’s stage. “Sometimes that’s in a press release. Sometimes that’s at San Diego Comic-Con, and sometimes it’s on a random Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the El Cap theater.” Feige later admitted the event’s early announcements overshadowed the then-upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron, which wouldn’t reach theaters for another six months in May 2015.

Ultron hadn’t come out at that point and I felt a tiny little sense of, ‘Well, gosh, we’ve gotta talk about the movies we have coming out next because that’s what we’ve been working so hard on and that’s what’s next available for our audience to see,’” Feige said this past April. “But when we talk that far ahead, that took a lot of attention out [from Ultron].”

The formerly top-secret Endgame title, long withheld until it was revealed alongside the first trailer in December, similarly “backfired,” Feige said, because “the notion was to not talk about it so the focus was to be on [Infinity War].” Marvel has yet to formally announce any of the films it has planned through 2022, reserving such revelations until after enough audiences have had a chance to experience Endgame for themselves.

“I hope [the news comes] after [Avengers]. I think there will be certain elements that start to come about, not the least of which is the already announced release date of the next Spider-Man film,” Feige said in 2017. “But other than that we’re going to keep it very close to the vest because this is really about focusing on the unprecedented conclusion to a 22-movie overarching narrative.”

Now in the works at the studio are a Scarlett Johansson-led Black Widow, directed by Cate Shortland (Lore) and rumored to be set six years before The Avengers, as well as The Eternals under director Chloé Zhao (The Rider) and Shang-Chi under director Destin Daniel Cretton (Short Term 12). Black Panther superstar filmmaker Ryan Coogler is now prepping a sequel and James Gunn is recently back on board the Guardians of the Galaxyfranchise as writer-director on Vol. 3.

Avengers: Endgame opens April 26.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...-kevin-feige-many-more-announcements-to-come/

tumblr_pff8yrd6jk1qz8vumo1_1280.jpg

Chloe Zhao has nabbed the gig to direct Marvel’s next potential franchise, the Jack Kirby-created title The Eternals.

Matthew and Ryan Firpo, whose spec script Ruin topped the 2017 Black List, penned the script for the superhero team adventure.

The project features the super-powered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous off-shoot known as the Deviants that were created by cosmic beings known as Celestials.

Kirby created the title in 1976 during his cosmic hero stage and was influenced by such works as Chariots of the Gods, which explored ancient gods as aliens.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans.

The project also allows Marvel to assemble a diverse cast of various shapes and sizes.

The director search for Eternals narrowed in the last few weeks of summer, with a shortlist consisting of Watchmen pilot helmer Nicole Kassell, Travis Knight (Bumblebee, Kubo and the Two Strings), as well as Cristina Gallego and Ciro Guerra, the duo behind Colombian movie Birds of Passage.

Chinese-born Zhao was already well known to Marvel as she went down the road with the company on Black Widow, the standalone featuring Scarlett Johansson's spy heroine. That gig ultimately went to Cate Shortland.

Eternals is a big opportunity for WME-repped Zhao, who will be going from the settings of Native American reservations and American Heartland from her indie festival darlings The Rider and Songs My Brothers Taught Me to the epic global, if not intergalactic, scale of this Marvel project.

Marvel had no comment.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/chloe-zhao-direct-marvel-studios-eternals-1143547

I don't even remember them announcing Shang-Chi

I don't think they did it at a formal event or anything like that. They kinda just put out there that they found a director for the movie, which basically implies that a movie is being planned.

I think the Black Widow movie is a waste. It's not that I don't like the character or think that she's deserving. I just don't see the point of backtracking when Endgame supposedly closes the door on that chapter of the MCU. They could just give her a series like they're doing with Loki and Scarlet Witch.

What's The Eternals and Shang-Ci?
The Eternals are basically Marvel's version of "New Gods" by DC from what I understand. Just a race of extremely powerful beings across the cosmos. Thanos is a Eternal.

Shang-Chi is a martial arts master who doesnt have any super powers per say, but he is one of the best if not the best Hand to hand fighters in the Marvel Universe. He's trained Iron Fist and a few other folks.

Who are the characters at the top of your wish lists for the next 3 phases?

Mine are:
Silver Surfer
Blue Marvel
Monica Rambeau
X23

Who are the characters at the top of your wish lists for the next 3 phases?

Mine are:
Silver Surfer
Blue Marvel
Monica Rambeau
X23

Moon Knight
Nova
Silver Surfer/Galactus
I think an MCU Ghostrider would be dope. not that Shield version.
Dr. Doom

Back