The Official MCU Thread

How many MCU movies are on a cinema level of a Dune 2? Couldn’t be more than 2. MCU movies are definitely in the realm of Jurassic Park/Fast & Furious/etc. And it’s nothing wrong with that.
I disagree with that. People liked the dinosaurs more than the humans in Jurassic Park. Fast and Furious went from racing cars to Mission Impossible

I disagree with that. People liked the dinosaurs more than the humans in Jurassic Park. Fast and Furious went from racing cars to Mission Impossible

What people like about Jurassic Park and what FF has turn into isn’t the point. I’m going off G-Dog’s point that 90-95% of the MCU and all comic book movies are visual junk food like the previous mentioned movie franchises. And again it’s nothing wrong with that. People love junk food. These movies are “theme parks” like Scorsese said. Thats why they make the money they make. I’m pretty sure a great deal of Hollywood feels the same. Numerous actors who worked in the MCU has said the same. It’s a bag. It’s needed. It’s fuels the movie industry.

I think the MCU needs to get credit for being so visionary. They strung together over 20 movies for over 10 years into a cohesive narrative that had the best payoff with Infinity War and Endgame.

They brought together over a dozen main characters seamlessly with a slew of supporting characters and villains.

There were missteps along the way, but as a whole, it was the best cinematic run ever. None of these naysayers in Hollywood could ever.

How many MCU movies are on a cinema level of a Dune 2? Couldn’t be more than 2. MCU movies are definitely in the realm of Jurassic Park/Fast & Furious/etc. And it’s nothing wrong with that.

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree, JP and F&F are completely fluff. I'm not taking shots at those movies, but they are pretty much 100% spectacle. That's not true about the top tier MCU movies. The character work in those movies is every bit as good as what you see in something like Dune (I've only seen the first one so far), and the best MCU movies also have themes that they explore. It's true that a lot of MCU are just popcorn movies and nothing else, but the ones that stand out do have depth that haters don't want to give them credit for.

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree, JP and F&F are completely fluff. I'm not taking shots at those movies, but they are pretty much 100% spectacle. That's not true about the top tier MCU movies. The character work in those movies is every bit as good as what you see in something like Dune (I've only seen the first one so far), and the best MCU movies also have themes that they explore. It's true that a lot of MCU are just popcorn movies and nothing else, but the ones that stand out do have depth that haters don't want to give them credit for.

What people like about Jurassic Park and what FF has turn into isn’t the point. I’m going off G-Dog’s point that 90-95% of the MCU and all comic book movies are visual junk food like the previous mentioned movie franchises. And again it’s nothing wrong with that. People love junk food. These movies are “theme parks” like Scorsese said. Thats why they make the money they make. I’m pretty sure a great deal of Hollywood feels the same. Numerous actors who worked in the MCU has said the same. It’s a bag. It’s needed. It’s fuels the movie industry.

:js4:

We agree.

Only Infinity War and Black Panther imo. With Winter Soldier and Civil War being the maybes.

I know you're being casual with the number but there are 33 MCU movies. 90-95% is like 2-3 movies. My point is more of the MCU movies have depth than people give them credit for.

I named 4. What else in your opinion?

I would say Winter Soldier and Civil War definitely since they both have pretty clear themes. Black Panther 2 is another. People may have criticisms of the movie overall, but there's no question that was more than just action and spectacle. I'd put GotG and Ironman 1 as maybes. Both had some topics they addressed, but I will admit the themes weren't as strong as in the other movie. I will say the character work in those movies were way better than what you get in movies like JP or F&F.

I would say Winter Soldier and Civil War definitely since they both have pretty clear themes. Black Panther 2 is another. People may have criticisms of the movie overall, but there's no question that was more than just action and spectacle. I'd put GotG and Ironman 1 as maybes. Both had some topics they addressed, but I will admit the themes weren't as strong as in the other movie. I will say the character work in those movies were way better than what you get in movies like JP or F&F.

He knows this fam you’re just entertaining the foolishness

He knows this fam you’re just entertaining the foolishness

Huh? I know I wouldn’t consider Iron Man 1, Gotg and BP2 “Cinema” movies. Again the MCU has about 2-4 “Cinema” movies. Them rest of them is wholesome popcorn fun. The end.

Huh? I know I wouldn’t consider Iron Man 1, Gotg and BP2 “Cinema” movies. Again the MCU has about 2-4 “Cinema” movies. Them rest of them is wholesome popcorn fun. The end.

Iron Man 1, GOTG 1 & 3 (a movie that you admittedly didn’t see) both BP, winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity War & Endgame.

Good thing the world doesn’t have to abide by your considerations 🤝🏾

You can pick apart the movies and label it this and that but the collective story was great in the infinity saga. Endgame had the audience giving it a standing ovation

So far multiverse hasn't been doing as well but it's not complete lol

Iron Man 1, GOTG 1 & 3 (a movie that you admittedly didn’t see) both BP, winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity War & Endgame.

Good thing the world doesn’t have to abide by your considerations 🤝🏾

Yeah I don't know how someone wouldn't consider BP2 a cinema movie. It was a narrative and character driven movie.

Lol, but it wasn’t a great movie. Or even good, imo. How can a movie be “Cinema” if the movie isn’t great? Im also lmao at Gotg being cinema, niggas had a dance off at the end.

Lol, but it wasn’t a great movie. Or even good, imo. How can a movie be “Cinema” if the movie isn’t great? Im also lmao at Gotg being cinema, niggas had a dance off at the end.

What is your definition of cinema? Since when does a movie have to be great to be considered cinema? Since when is a movie barred from having humorous or even goofy moments to be considered cinema? It seems like you're just making up your own definition of the word to justify keeping the label from MCU movies.

What is your definition of cinema? Since when does a movie have to be great to be considered cinema? Since when is a movie barred from having humorous or even goofy moments to be considered cinema? It seems like you're just making up your own definition of the word to justify keeping the label from MCU movies.

:js4: