The Official MCU Thread

These public-facing moves come as studio boss Kevin Feige recalibrates the creative direction behind the scenes. Early in February, the company completed reshoots for Agatha: Darkhold Diaries, the WandaVision spinoff starring Kathryn Hahn that is expected to hit Disney+ this fall. The company usually budgets five days of reshoots into the schedule, but the studio completed the work in just one, fueling a sunny outlook around the show internally, according to sources associated with the series.

The studio also quietly hired Eric Pearson to polish the script for Fantastic Four, which will shoot this summer in London. Pearson is a company stalwart who worked on Thor: Ragnarok and Black Widow and has a reputation for taking projects over the finish line. The stakes for that movie are high, as the studio is still searching for characters and actors who can carry its universe forward after the exits of Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans.

Marvel also hired Joanna Calo, the showrunner of acclaimed FX series The Bear, to work on the script for Thunderbolts, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The film will begin shooting in March in Atlanta. Her hiring adds a flair of prestige to the project, which stars Florence Pugh and — according to a source who has read previous drafts of the script — centers on villains and antiheroes going on a mission that was supposed to end with their deaths.

They already had a multiversal story for Spiderman. He's lost his mentor (Tony) and the support that came with that relationship. He's lost his aunt. He lost all his friends. No one knows who he his. This is the time to basically reset with him and build him back up. There's no reason to toss him back into some huge story.

Gotta disagree. Imagine if the Russo Brothers had this logic after Avengers 2. They dropped a better Avengers story with Civil War only a year later. If written correctly, I feel you can build him back up, reintroduce him to the MCU and have a multiverse storyline all in the same in movie. Just don’t involve Toby and Andrew. But who knows how it’s gonna play out. IMO Sony has the leverage.

DanielRPK

-Mahershala Ali is not leaving Blade. Micheal Green is rewriting the script. They are making a lot of changes and Ali is happy with them. Movie still aiming for an R-Rating

-The idea with Midnight Sons is to use characters that weren't part of The Avengers meaning it's unlikely Doctor Strange will be a member

Reactions: AP2.5
Ooook. We shall see. I am a fan of dude work but I'm assuming they aren't gonna start filming till next year or 2026 right? He is 50. But also what do I know Don Cheadle is 59 and they're still doing Armor Wars apparently. So I said all that for nothing lol

I assume they want to eventually have his kid take over and that's why they're using an older actor?

Gotta disagree. Imagine if the Russo Brothers had this logic after Avengers 2. They dropped a better Avengers story with Civil War only a year later. If written correctly, I feel you can build him back up, reintroduce him to the MCU and have a multiverse storyline all in the same in movie. Just don’t involve Toby and Andrew. But who knows how it’s gonna play out. IMO Sony has the leverage.

That doesn't really apply to Avengers 2 though. That movie, almost to its detriment, built up a lot for Infinity War and set the stage for Civil War, so it was a natural progression to the bigger stuff. The end of NWH basically reset Spiderman's character. He's at the first floor now. It really doesn't make sense to throw him back to 100. He's going to be in the Avengers movies coming up, so why not just use his next solo movie to bridge that gap.

Reactions: God_Body and Inori
That doesn't really apply to Avengers 2 though. That movie, almost to its detriment, built up a lot for Infinity War and set the stage for Civil War, so it was a natural progression to the bigger stuff. The end of NWH basically reset Spiderman's character. He's at the first floor now. It really doesn't make sense to throw him back to 100. He's going to be in the Avengers movies coming up, so why not just use his next solo movie to bridge that gap.

thats one of the dope things about the character. Dude can be just fine doing street level non-world/universe ending shit.. but he can pop in and pop out to help in a big way when needed. Let him do some street shit for a little while

-I have heard one Spider-Man animated movie in development is female led and the other focused on villains as the leads

-Marvel focusing on more street level heroes for tv from now on and want them to be more self contained like Echo and Moon Knight. Only cosmic level project that could get a show is Nova. Marvel still going back and forth with that after the first version of the show that was in development been canceled.

-The White Tiger show will have a female lead. Daredevil: Born Again will have a male version

-I can confirm a Silver Surfer project is in development