Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Marvel is a business. Back in the day comic books were seen as something for guy. More and more chicks read the books, watch the shows, and like the movies, so Marvel is making a point of highlighting more of its female characters. If that's pandering, it's nothing different than every business has done since the beginning of time.
Not on the women hating train but they realized that females liked comics and decided to pander to them....maybe they just liked comics regardless. It would be funny if this switch up lead to a drop off. There's nothing wrong with strong male leads it's most likely what attracted some of those readers.

the diminish in quality has made the pandering more obvious. That’s it. That’s all.

Marvel is a business. Back in the day comic books were seen as something for guy. More and more chicks read the books, watch the shows, and like the movies, so Marvel is making a point of highlighting more of its female characters. If that's pandering, it's nothing different than every business has done since the beginning of time.

But I hate women nigga! What about my needs?!

The perfect show for her to have shown up would have been She-Hulk considering she's a private investigator

I was thinking maybe an appearance in the Marvels movie. Arent her and Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) supposed to be close friends or somethin in the comics?

I'd love him to jump ship so long as he keeps it grimy.

DC allows their big screen comic properties to get gritty and drop F-bombs and shit. Disney's chokehold would never allow Marvel to do the same. That formula has begun to wear on me a bit.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
I was thinking maybe an appearance in the Marvels movie. Arent her and Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) supposed to be close friends or somethin in the comics?
Would've been retconned anyway lol. Her and Peter were classmates too🤣

I'd love him to jump ship so long as he keeps it grimy.

DC allows their big screen comic properties to get gritty and drop F-bombs and shit. Disney's chokehold would never allow Marvel to do the same. That formula has begun to wear on me a bit.

Not true

All the Netflix tv shows were still under Disney. But they were treated as 2 separate companies, Marvel Ent.(the television side) and Marvel Studios(MCU).

Fiege isn't doing the grimy, F-bomb content cause he doesn't want to for whatever reason.

Back