Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

My hair was wet and I used tight hold
Awe man sorry to hear that. Tight hold flakes my scalp after a few weeks. Never had it flake up after the dryer though.
You can try some oil to help reduce the flakes.

I use for myself and my kids is black castor oil

It holds as good as a gel without any flaking

I have to wash and retwist my hair. These flakes ain’t the business. :(
I’m hoping I can just rinse them and they stay twisted.

I have to wash and retwist my hair. These flakes ain’t the business. :(
I’m hoping I can just rinse them and they stay twisted.
Flakes? What are you using to wash/condition your hair? Buy an Aloe leaf or two. Shave them and mix with a little water. Wash and condition your scalp and hair with it. It should help anything that is happening to your hair/scalp. ( shave the inside of the leaf not the outside I am sure you knew that)

Also the next time you are around sea water. Use the sand under the water to expholiate your scalp. It is going to take you forever to get the sand out of you hair but it is good for your hair. If your hair isn’t fully locked before you do this squeeze lemon juice into your locks so you don’t lose your potential locking hair.

Flakes? What are you using to wash/condition your hair? Buy an Aloe leaf or two. Shave them and mix with a little water. Wash and condition your scalp and hair with it. It should help anything that is happening to your hair/scalp. ( shave the inside of the leaf not the outside I am sure you knew that)
What happened was, I washed my hair and it was almost dry by the time I decided to retwist it. I used Taliah Waajid tight hold. So it dried white where I had the clips. I know this woman with aloe plants in front of her house. I’m gonna go steal some leaves.

I just don’t wanna do the whole process again but these flakes are making my hair oogly.

What you using
I tried the Taliah Waajid product today. That other shit wasn’t holding. I had to work with a sub this past week and she was a loctitian and told me to try it also. She also told me to try water and some pink holding spray.

She told me my hair is super soft so I need something with extra hold or my hair would just unravel. I hope it works.

What happened was, I washed my hair and it was almost dry by the time I decided to retwist it. I used Taliah Waajid tight hold. So it dried white where I had the clips. I know this woman with aloe plants in front of her house. I’m gonna go steal some leaves.

I just don’t wanna do the whole process again but these flakes are making my hair oogly.
I am not sure what is in that tight hold that you used but I would switch to something else because what you described doesn’t sound good.

Back