Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Sooooo I go out to to look at my peach tree..... all the damn peaches gone when I say gone nothing not even a half eaten one. And they wasn't even full grown. Nothing on the ground but some seeds rather the pit

That sauce looks dope @Inori

Think my pepper/chill plant (cant remember what type) is ready to harvest too a couple too... Not sure how big they are suppose to get though... When I waited for one to go red last time I ended up with a soft mouldy spot, so think its best to get a couple green ones whilst I can...

Noticed I quite a few white aphids on the leaves too, not as bad a the bell pepper I had to get of though... Do pepper attract them or something???

Also I been eating alot of those yellow honey cherry tomatoes, man they are delicious... They got such unique strong smokey, BBQ flavour...

Peppers look decent??? Gonna cut them open and give them a try...

zn5NOn.jpg

Last edited:
My peppers were way too strong, not spicy just really strong tasting... So I think that means they were picked too early...

On the plus side I finally managed to grow some bigger tomatoes...

I still cant grow decent beefsteaks ones, they always seems to end up with end rot or really soft and mushy but Im happy with these medium sized ones!!!

zru6qK.jpg

My peppers were way too strong, not spicy just really strong tasting... So I think that means they were picked too early...

On the plus side I finally managed to grow some bigger tomatoes...

I still cant grow decent beefsteaks ones, they always seems to end up with end rot or really soft and mushy but Im happy with these medium sized ones!!!

zru6qK.jpg

do you leave them out and only pick them once they are fully red? You can pick them once they start changing color and let them ripen indoors to try to prevent that rot I think. Do you give your plants any kinda food?

do you leave them out and only pick them once they are fully red? You can pick them once they start changing color and let them ripen indoors to try to prevent that rot I think. Do you give your plants any kinda food?

Yeah man I picked the medium ones a tiny bit earlier as I was worried about them going funny... Problem with the big beefsteaks is they get end rot when they are green too!!! lol

I do feed them about every other week or so... Last year I even tried giving them calcium too, hoping it would help (it didnt)... I got a suspicion it might be down to irregular watering and maybe also feeding??? I think that can cause blossom end rot... Thing is being in a greenhouse in UK summer its hard to be really strict with watering as weather is so unpredictable and I dont wanna overwater them, guess I should be more clockwork with feeding though...

Maybe next year I might try growing beefsteaks outside and move them into a greenhouse if we get really bad weather etc I dunno, Im close to giving up on them and going no bigger than medium varieties!!!

Yeah man I picked the medium ones a tiny bit earlier as I was worried about them going funny... Problem with the big beefsteaks is they get end rot when they are green too!!! lol

I do feed them about every other week or so... Last year I even tried giving them calcium too, hoping it would help (it didnt)... I got a suspicion it might be down to irregular watering and maybe also feeding??? I think that can cause blossom end rot... Thing is being in a greenhouse in UK summer its hard to be really strict with watering as weather is so unpredictable and I dont wanna overwater them, guess I should be more clockwork with feeding though...

Maybe next year I might try growing beefsteaks outside and move them into a greenhouse if we get really bad weather etc I dunno, Im close to giving up on them and going no bigger than medium varieties!!!
I use and blend up egg shells and mix it in

Hurricane coming so Im taking one - hopefully not last - look at the one remaining avocado on the tree.

PXL_20240815_210324475.MP.jpg

I copped some oversized bags a lil while back just for this purpose.. im hoping it protects it from gettiing too whipped up from the wind. Poked a couple holes in it to let some air in

PXL_20240815_214932222.MP.jpg
PXL_20240815_214927430.MP.jpg

I duct taped the bags to the bottom and then tied some rope around it as well. Fingers crossed it make it out alive lol.

Picked some mixed peppers as well

PXL_20240815_221706691.MP.jpg

what they were supposed to look like šŸ˜­
PXL_20240815_222937435.MP (1).jpg

Hurricane coming so Im taking one - hopefully not last - look at the one remaining avocado on the tree.

View attachment 1360321

I copped some oversized bags a lil while back just for this purpose.. im hoping it protects it from gettiing too whipped up from the wind. Poked a couple holes in it to let some air in

View attachment 1360323
View attachment 1360322

I duct taped the bags to the bottom and then tied some rope around it as well. Fingers crossed it make it out alive lol.

Picked some mixed peppers as well

View attachment 1360320

what they were supposed to look like šŸ˜­
View attachment 1360324

Fingers crossed you make it out with minimal damage brother, avocados are the ultimate patience tree!!!

Back