Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

I plan on doing some tomatoes, cucumbers and maybe some peppers in barrels this year. I would love to try and do a bigger garden in the ground, but I live near a forest reserve and I don't want all of mother nature in my back yard...
Lowes has thoughs jack Daniel barrels. You'll have to drill some holes in them though for proper water draining

I has success growing cucumbers 2yrs ago. Although it didn't produce any cucumbers...the vines and flowers from it still grew a lot.

I just gotta remember to put them in a something a lot bigger so they can grow out.

I had a similar thing last year, I only got one (huge) cucumber but it was really tasty, proper crunchy and juicy...

It grew the length of my greenhouse and produced loads of flowers though, it was confusing and mad annoying... Looking into it, think I may have had an issue with pollination as cucumber plants produce male and female flowers on the plant... Being that I kept it in the greenhouse I prolly needed bees etc to help but you can still grow them in a greenhouse, it just takes abit more effort...

Do y’all focus more on feeding the plant or nurturing the soil?

Also, do y’all consider the nitrates and shit like that?

Just curious on how y’all grow things.

Im getting pots , soil, casings and seeds today

Not too worried about the veggies …it’s the truffle that will be hard.

But this is my goal. I love how these look.
B447D162-0739-45A2-9306-F41B2882A2A5.jpeg
it’s called a passiflora
a Passion flower
Shits is beautiful
08E1774C-52E5-4403-8BEB-15CBE95D3611.jpeg

Do y’all focus more on feeding the plant or nurturing the soil?

Also, do y’all consider the nitrates and shit like that?

Just curious on how y’all grow things.

Im getting pots , soil, casings and seeds today

I usually focus on the plant itself. We garden pretty much all year round so the soil doesnt get much rest. In between harvests though I typically top the soil up with some compost that I make myself. Mix it all in with the existing soil. It takes some months for everything to break down so if im starting a new crop and it's not ready, i'll mix some chicken or cow manure in the soil instead.

Late summer I try to grab a bunch of seaweed from the beaches.. ill take a bunch of that and toss it in a bucket to make some compost tea out of the seaweed. I use the seaweed for mulch as well to keep the weeds from getting out of hand.

For plants already in the ground I feed them from time to time using some liquid plant food. I try to keep it all natural for the most part though so im not using a bunch of chemicals on my vegetables

I usually focus on the plant itself. We garden pretty much all year round so the soil doesnt get much rest. In between harvests though I typically top the soil up with some compost that I make myself. Mix it all in with the existing soil. It takes some months for everything to break down so if im starting a new crop and it's not ready, i'll mix some chicken or cow manure in the soil instead.

Late summer I try to grab a bunch of seaweed from the beaches.. ill take a bunch of that and toss it in a bucket to make some compost tea out of the seaweed. I use the seaweed for mulch as well to keep the weeds from getting out of hand.

For plants already in the ground I feed them from time to time using some liquid plant food. I try to keep it all natural for the most part though so im not using a bunch of chemicals on my vegetables
This all from experimenting or elsewhere

Y’all should check out cuz

Y’all should check out cuz

he is so inspiring. I got my orange seeds soaking and about to do peppers

Copped a grafted avocado tree for my dad like 2 years back but it hasnt bore any fruit yet. hopefully either this year or next we'll finally get something

Back