Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Dragon Ball Thread (RIP Akira Toriyama)

Today, the Dragon Ball community is mourning the loss of one of its own. Reports have gone live which confirm Brice Armstrong, the narrator of Dragon Ball's dub, has passed away. He was 84 years old.

ComicBook.com can confirm Armstrong passed away on January 10 from natural causes. At this time, there is no word on memorial services for the actor, but fans are paying tribute to Armstrong the best way they know how. If you were to search the actor online, you will see memorials pop up by the second, and they come from fans wanting to thank the actor for bringing Dragon Ball into their lives.

A chapter giving the others some shine. I'm not mad at it. At least it kinda shows that the strong Earthlings do still outclass a lot of the people outside of the Earth.

Yea this was my favorite chapter in this arc, Moro had no idea how many powerful people are on Earth. Gohan, Piccolo, 17, 18, Krillin, Tien, Roshi, Yamcha, and even Chaiotzu are all stronger than your average space goon.

Shit definitely has a classic DBZ feel to it.

Hhmmmm curious to find out what Vegeta has learned. Dayum @ him learning IT in like 2 minutes. Trying to imagine what else the people of Yadrat could have taught him. Anyone have any ideas ?

Man it has to be something that doesn't deal with regular "ki" which could be easily absorbed by Moro. Hopefully it's something that will get Vegeta that long awaited dub over a major villain.

And I'll say no one does it alone. Look at Trunks, Gohan, and Goku in every battle he's had. They've all had assistance. Gohan beating Cell was thanks to Vegeta and had it not been a shoot out I think that newly revived Cell would have beaten SSJ2 Gohan 1 on 1.

Vegeta had to distract Buu so Goku could complete the spirit bomb. Frieza and 17 helped Goku beat Jiren and they had to throw themselves out in order to eliminate Jiren. Trunks had major help from both Goku and Vegeta to beat Zamasu. Beerus, Golden Frieza, Broly all required assistance !!

Exactly but we all know how some Dragon Ball fans get down. Originally the series was supposed to be about Gohan after he beat Cell but Goku fans complained and forced Toriyama to switch it back to Goku being the main character.

Oh fa sho LOLOLOL !!!

Toriyama made a business decision in the end and he was right to do that. Gohan didnt have nearly as much commercial appeal to carry DBZ as Goku did. Especially if he knew DBZ would get another season through GT.

If I were AT I would give Vegeta a spin-off in the same fashion as DB where he's a kid/chibi and we see his rise to ascension as the Prince of Saiyans and slavery to the Frieza Force. Raditz and Nappa there for the ride could complete it. I'd give it maybe 2 or 3 seasons the last one leading up to him meeting Goku for the first time. I'd make it much darker than DB tho.

There could also be a spin off of that big 7 year time skip after Cell was killed. Follow Goku in Other World during that time.

Back