Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official DCU Thread

Mine too but leave the brooding to the Bat. Superman supposed to be all about truth justice and the American way and all that bullshit. Beacon of hope. Not a Lay Down Larry.
Y'all want that campy saving cats from trees no kind of stakes or challenges besides kryptonite over the top awkward Clark Kent super man. Only thing is the classic Superman movies didn't get Superman quite right eithera d I'm sure that forgettable Superman returns from #006 was a hit. The that thing is Superman can be a lot of things. Superman wasn't brooding in man of steel that's. Batman does. He was going through an existential crisis and Snyder what no Superman film did by showing what Superman was going through having to deal with his powers when he was young learning he was an alien. How would the world react learning we are not alone etc and it was done a lot better than the 70s Superman.
I get what your saying that we should get a more upbeat Superman and Snyder prolly was gonna do that with man of steel 2 untill the execs at Warner twisted his arm and had him do bvs instead and once again take Superman to a dark direction. If you read the comics Superman isn't all sunshine he has his failings he doesn't win sometimes . Truth justice a d the American way played out that's old golden age shit from the 40s and 50s And given the social climate of these days and times you'd have to ask is that a good thing to fight for. He fights for truth and justice but the phrase American elway has long been excluded. From the 80s on up Superman stories have been deeper than that

OIP (12).jpeg

OIP (17).jpeg

OIP (13).jpeg

OIP (18).jpeg

Last edited:
Well I guess it would be easier to just add the HBOmax tab in addition to the HGTV, TLC, Discovery channel, animal planet, food network things already there
But HBO already has a great reputation and I’m sure more subscribers. I wonder too if they are going to up the fee for Discovery once they add HBO too. I’m not paying $20-25 for Discovery when all I want is HBO. They’d do better to roll all of that into HBOMax even if it’s a bit harder.

But HBO already has a great reputation and I’m sure more subscribers. I wonder too if they are going to up the fee for Discovery once they add HBO too. I’m not paying $20-25 for Discovery when all I want is HBO. They’d do better to roll all of that into HBOMax even if it’s a bit harder.
Hey listen idk mane lol it might not even be true and it would make them more money to not go the way you want

Y'all want that campy saving cats from trees no kind of stakes or challenges besides kryptonite over the top awkward Clark Kent super man. Only thing is the classic Superman movies didn't get Superman quite right eithera d I'm sure that forgettable Superman returns from #006 was a hit. The that thing is Superman can be a lot of things. Superman wasn't brooding in man of steel that's. Batman does. He was going through an existential crisis and Snyder what no Superman film did by showing what Superman was going through having to deal with his powers when he was young learning he was an alien. How would the world react learning we are not alone etc and it was done a lot better than the 70s Superman.
I get what your saying that we should get a more upbeat Superman and Snyder prolly was gonna do that with man of steel 2 untill the execs at Warner twisted his arm and had him do bvs instead and once again take Superman to a dark direction. If you read the comics Superman isn't all sunshine he has his failings he doesn't win sometimes . Truth justice a d the American way played out that's old golden age shit from the 40s and 50s And given the social climate of these days and times you'd have to ask is that a good thing to fight for. He fights for truth and justice but the phrase American elway has long been excluded. From the 80s on up Superman stories have been deeper than that

View attachment 897989

View attachment 897990

View attachment 897992

View attachment 897991
I can get on board with this. I don’t want Superman all corny and upbeat just a mix of what he does and a little Christopher Reeve Superman would be good for me.

Would you $20 for HBOMax? Cause it would be the same if they rolled Discovery onto HBOMax.

Aye @Duwop what was that other DC service you had where you could stream shit that went belly up and everything moved over to HBO Max shortly after.

Did you have to pay again for HBO Max or did your subscription roll over?

Back