Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Was just watching Fox News and they were talking about the “noble lie” that was told at the beginning of the pandemic about masks not being needed. The reason given was so people wouldn’t make a run on masks so they’d be available for healthcare workers.

Lady said “Americans are smart enough to not make a run on masks if you tell them the truth.”

Americans during that same time…

6798CBFF-4AFA-471A-98F7-C65CB1975439.gif

😂

Was just watching Fox News and they were talking about the “noble lie” that was told at the beginning of the pandemic about masks not being needed. The reason given was so people wouldn’t make a run on masks so they’d be available for healthcare workers.

Lady said “Americans are smart enough to not make a run on masks if you tell them the truth.”

Americans during that same time…

View attachment 776465

😂
Screenshot_20220223-181211.png

:lookatthisshit:

Same source:
Screenshot_20220223-192702.png

Overwhelming amount of deaths are among unvaxxed 65+

But I'd be bullshitting if I didn't admit/point out, according to this chart, fully vaxxed 65-79 fared slightly better than unvaxxed 30-49.

Even though comorbidities in any age group drive the numbers up (and the tail end of 30-49 range probably account for most of those deaths)....and this age group is still working/unretired/more risk to exposure...it's still surprising.

But as u can see unvaxxed 30-49 deaths are very low, especially when u break it down by health status

But doesn’t it make sense to pull back on the mandates now that Omicron has run its course? I could see this argument if we were in the heat of Omicron in October and they relaxed everything.

I’m sure there is also a political motivation, but it also makes sense given where we are now with the virus.
Of course it make sense. But if polling didn't express that, neither would the white house.

And odd that CDC is going along with white house rather than being apolitical and completely science based. Maybe it's just a very very convenient, well timed coincidence 🤷

Back