Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Barkley contemplating clip.gif

Here's what I don't understand.

We're now getting over 150,000 new covid cases each day.

If it holds up, that's gonna be 1.5 million new cases every 10 days..............and 4.5 million cases per month.

And this is assuming we stay at 150,000 cases per day.

So, what happens if that number goes up to 200,000 per day.............500,000 per day..............or worse?

My point is, they're saying that we won't have a vaccine ready until April of 2021.

By then, going by the numbers, we're going to have an additional 18 million new cases by then.

Assuming, of course, that we stay at 4.5 million cases per month.

We have vaccines in trial stages right now that are 90% effective (Pfizer).

And the medicine they gave Trump seemed to work well too.........I think it was regeneron or remdescivir.

With the way things are now, it's time to cut the red tape and just start offering these vaccines to anyone willing to take them.

We're wasting too much time waiting for perfection, when...........right now...........the treatments in the trial phase might be good enough to get the virus under control.

To me, it's just a numbers game at this point.

Sure it's not 100% effective............it might not help everybody..........some people might experience side effects, but.......we simply don't have the luxury to wait for the perfect treatment.

The time to act is now, because 2021 might be too late.

Last edited:
Back