Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official ATP/WTA thread

Well, Tsitsipas isn't lying. Now go out there and...DO IT!!

"It's boring to see all these guys winning all the time. We are responsible for that as well, the new generation, to work hard and believe in ourselves that we can come up with something new, come up with our best games to beat those guys.

I would love to see something different this year. Hopefully it can be me, but I think it's good for the sport to have a bit of variety, something different,'

'I think it's all a matter of character and feeling responsible for what we're doing on the court. Some people don't feel responsible.

'They don't want to take that big responsibility of going out and winning and saying: "I'm going to overcome all those difficulties and I'm going to beat those guys."

'I feel like I can beat them. If the younger generations think positively, I think we can achieve a lot of things. I hope this will happen at Wimbledon"

Tsitsipas, who is also tipped to be a serious threat at Wimbledon, did not hold back in his gushing assessment of the teenager’s performance, naming him as the ‘most difficult’ opponent he’s faced, while backing him to record wins over Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic on his way to becoming a top-five player.

He’s the most difficult opponent I’ve ever faced, and I think it’s gonna take a couple of tries to beat him,’ Tsitsipas, who has recorded wins over all members of the ‘Big Three’, said after the 7-5 6-2 loss.

It is very difficult, because he has one of the best returns on the tour. He has a really powerful, accurate serve, which is tough to read.

‘He’s really quick and fast, which is rare to find all of that combinations together, combined. Big forehand, big backhand. He can create a lot of opportunities from his backhand, but also, at the same time, he can be very aggressive from the forehand side.

‘There’s not much to come up with when you play against him. He’s pretty much solid from everywhere

He’s beaten me every single time we have faced each other: juniors and pro, he’s beaten me Indian Wells, he’s beating me here, he’s beaten me a couple of times in juniors. I only beat him in doubles. I don’t even count that one, because doubles is doubles.

‘He has the whole package to play big, to beat – I’m sure if he ever gets the difficult chance to play Nadal, Djokovic, or Federer, he’s going to beat them, for sure. I will not be surprised if he gets wins over those guys.

‘We will definitely see him in the top-five. Maybe not this year but next year or the year after. I would expect something like this

Tough loss. Not clutch enough on breakpoints but you can't win every match. Good two weeks for Felix. I feel like his serve is just getting better and better. Get some rest now and then straight to Wimbledon. Lopez should win Queens now.

Yeah, Del Potro just can't catch a break. Another injury another operation and the season is over. Jesus, it sems like every part of his body been injured. Injuries has really messed up a big part of his career. Hopefully he'll be able to come back strong in 2020.

I know Federer wants to surpass Jimmy Connors' all-time ATP singles record...109 titles. Federer is not that far away now. Still got some work to do but that would be epic.

I know Federer wants to surpass Jimmy Connors' all-time ATP singles record...109 titles. Federer is not that far away now. Still got some work to do but that would be epic.

I hope he does get 110 if he ends the year with 105 it's likely.

Connors record is misleading though he dropped some levels to win trophies

I hope he does get 110 if he ends the year with 105 it's likely.

Connors record is misleading though he dropped some levels to win trophies

Yeah, I know that several of Connors titles weren't the highest level and had small fields that some people describe as clown titles, but the record is still 109.

Fed said a few months ago that he isn't obsessed with breaking the record and that isn't his ultimate goal. Had that been the case he would focus on the smaller tournaments and even get rid of all the Masters 1000s from his schedule and play just 250s and 500s.

Federer is a special kind of talent so it would be cool to see him do it and make even more history. As long as he can stay injury free he does have a very good shot.

Roger Federer comments on Naomi Osaka's ups and down

You cannot play well every week, you know, it’s that simple, or win every week, nobody does that basically. She’s got a head start with her back to back Grand Slam wins. Once she’s done it she knows she can do it again.

It was the same for me. You know, after I won Wimbledon I also didn’t win right away everything after that. So, you’ve got to take the losses, just shake them off and don’t let the press bother you with silly questions and you just go on with it.

What else can you do? Go back to the practice courts, try to work on your game, you know, having nothing to lose. Everybody now feels like it’s an amazing win to beat you but for you nothing changed other than that you have, you know, a couple of Grand Slams and you’re world number one.
So, it’s obviously a massive change but at the end of the day you’re still the same person and you try your best every single day. We saw again today in this match, you know, things are so close sometimes. There is not even a need to explain why you lost, you know, it just happens sometimes," Federer said.

Roger Federer comments on Naomi Osaka's ups and down

You cannot play well every week, you know, it’s that simple, or win every week, nobody does that basically. She’s got a head start with her back to back Grand Slam wins. Once she’s done it she knows she can do it again.

It was the same for me. You know, after I won Wimbledon I also didn’t win right away everything after that. So, you’ve got to take the losses, just shake them off and don’t let the press bother you with silly questions and you just go on with it.

What else can you do? Go back to the practice courts, try to work on your game, you know, having nothing to lose. Everybody now feels like it’s an amazing win to beat you but for you nothing changed other than that you have, you know, a couple of Grand Slams and you’re world number one.
So, it’s obviously a massive change but at the end of the day you’re still the same person and you try your best every single day. We saw again today in this match, you know, things are so close sometimes. There is not even a need to explain why you lost, you know, it just happens sometimes," Federer said.
He could be a great mentor for her if she is open to it.

Back