Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2021/2022 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's funding Broughton??? and seb cold is extremely suspect
Americans.....

:cry:

they are part owners of the Sixers and Crystal Palace.....

Broughton, Blitzer, Harris, Ranadive: Part owners of the Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils and Sacramento Kings
With reporting by Connor O'Halloran

Broughton is the lone British-based bidder in our list, and he's been ever-present throughout Chelsea's search for a new owner. The 74-year-old Chelsea fan has billed the consortium bid as one of stability. He's the former chairman of British Airways -- and briefly of Liverpool, presiding over their sale to Fenway Sports Group in 2010 -- and has partnered with former British Olympic Association chairman Sebastian Coe, part owners of the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA) and New Jersey Devils (NHL) Josh Harris and David Blitzer, and Sacramento Kings (NBA) owner Vivek Ranadive.

The trio of American franchise owners have been ambitious during their tenures, unafraid to spend money in order to put out a winning product. The Devils handed out the most lucrative contract in franchise history to Dougie Hamilton last summer, while the Sixers have already committed to a $196m super-max deal for Joel Embiid and are expected to ink James Harden to a $230m extension this summer.

Despite that kind of spending, neither franchise has yet realised its ambitions. The Devils have made the playoffs just once under the ownership of Harris and Blitzer, while the 76ers haven't made it beyond the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Ranadive's ownership of the Kings has been less ambitious than his fellow NBA investors. The franchise hasn't made the postseason since 2005-06, seven years before Ranadive became majority owner, and Sacramento has the 12th-lowest salary cap in the league in 2021-22.

One issue with their bid could be regarding Harris and Blitzer's stake in Crystal Palace, though it appears they are willing to divest quickly in order to pursue ownership of Chelsea.

I prefer nick candy and the Koreans
This is real life, not FM.
Nick Candy gonna be moving like career mode with 67 manager rating.

I’m ready for Boehly, man. Fuck that American stigma. Dude been moving proper with this shit from the start.

I don’t want a gotdamn thing to do with Broughton and Vivek. The Sacramento Kings have to be most inept-ran organization in any and every facet of sport. Keep that banchot marachot Indian away from the Bridge

I don’t want a gotdamn thing to do with Broughton and Vivek. The Sacramento Kings have to be most inept-ran organization in any and every facet of sport. Keep that banchot marachot Indian away from the Bridge
Welp I think I now know who I want to win the bid
Pacquiao-Ma-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back