Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2021/2022 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck yo evidence…I choose not to believe it
Daniel Riolo, French journalist following PSG, claims: Neymar barely trains. He gets to the training facility completely out of it, almost hungover. He’s feeling a state of revenge (whatever the fuck that means).

We extended his contract until 2025 + one year

This is why Utd players want Poch.

Certain managers wouldn’t have it…..s/o Arteta for the new breed.

Fuck yo evidence…I choose not to believe it

This is why Utd players want Poch.

Certain managers wouldn’t have it…..s/o Arteta for the new breed.

I was listening to a talksport debate earlier on United's next manager and for me it really comes down to two things:

1. Do Man United want to do a proper clear out and rebuild, with a focus on youth and value for money? In that case, you would be following the current arsenal mold and then you'd work well with a Poch/Ten Hag to have full reigns albeit know that they'll be some initial "hurt" the first 2 seasons before things look more on the up

OR

2. Are Man U more focused on established talent / buying supposedly best in class (since 2016: Pogba, Zlatan, Lukaku, Alexis Sánchez, Maguire, Cavani, Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo were meant to be that BIC) and building a winning and experienced squad with premium expenditure? In this case, then you're somewhat doing a Pep (when it works) and PSG (when it doesn't quite come off) approach, in which case you need a manager that will command instant respect like Zidane, Luis Enrique, Conte etc

So depending on the business model, will determine the right appointment. But I don't think you can go half and half.

Arteta got rid of Mustafi, David Luiz, Willian, Ozil, Aubamayeng, Guendouzi, Kolasnic, bellerin, ainsley-niles to name but a few. But the board let it be known that they backed his decisions on the team before he's made what we see today.

Klopp did a similar clear out in his first 2 seasons at Liverpool. In his first season, he finished 8th (2016) and that summer 2016 brought in Matip, Mane and Wijnaldum whilst getting rid of Balotelli, Benteke, Jordan Ibe. 2016/17 they then finished 4th and then that's when Klopp really stamped authority on the team by getting Salah and Robertson in summer 2017 with VVD in Jan 2018 window, fuelled by the sale of Coutinho in the same Jan window.
Whilst it wasn't quite like a 1 or a 2 but hybrid (which I said you shouldn't do half and half), I think it only worked for Klopp because he had a really firm identity on how his team would work and he bought good players (not established superstars) and made them better/household names. He also had financial constraints so for instance he couldn't have bought VVD without Coutinho sale or even get an Alisson without the champions league money coming in to bank on etc. It has to be assumed that Man United next manager won't have financial constraints (at the get-go) which can sometimes be a gift and curse...

Either way, United need to FULLY back the new manager especially when it comes to imposing their will on the players because too much intérim Ole to permanent in name Olé, to intérim Carrick to now intérim Ragnick... Got them feeling like inmates are running the asylum

Last edited:

He doesn't seem the sort but then he didn't feature in el clássico so you never know.

Someone's got to talk...

kevin-de-bruyne-let-me-talk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back