Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Last edited:
I'm mean to be fair none of those Western Conference guards have been able to build on their bubble performances so far...Murray, Mitchell and Booker have all underperformed to start the season
Booker and Mitchell weren’t in question for over a year like murray was though

And to expect guys to match what they did in the bubble is kinda ludicrous in itself since the bubble there was no travel, no covid outbreak, games every other day so you were always in a rhythm, etc

I’m back off the wagon for now

tell Murray to make me jump back on NH

I haven't watched them this season but it used to be Steph Curry's dad Dell Curry and a guy named Steve Martin. Even Stephenie Ready did color commentary (after moving from sideline reporting) for awhile with the Charlotte Hornets.

https://sports.yahoo.com/charlotte-hornets-announcer-eric-collins-033019685.html

I just looked it up and it's a game named Eric Collins who works with Dell

Dell is cool. Its Eric Collins I guess. The mfer was dumb hype for everything. Layup goes in, and hes yelling and celebrating like they won game 7. A 3 goes in, this mfer yelling at the top of his lung.

This mfer was the most hype announcer i ever heard for every single shot the hornets hit.

Never heard anything like it.

I know Dell got to hate working with him.

And to expect guys to match what they did in the bubble is kinda ludicrous in itself since the bubble there was no travel, no covid outbreak, games every other day so you were always in a rhythm, etc

Exactly

It wasn't a coincidence that so many people shot great in the bubble. Even the players said the way the lighting, seating (helps with depth perception), constantly shooting on the same rims, being more rested due to no travel, etc. Made it more comfortable to shoot in the bubble.

Dell is cool. Its Eric Collins I guess. The mfer was dumb hype for everything. Layup goes in, and hes yelling and celebrating like they won game 7. A 3 goes in, this mfer yelling at the top of his lung.

This mfer was the most hype announcer i ever heard for every single shot the hornets hit.

Never heard anything like it.

I know Dell got to hate working with him.
Screenshot_20210209-094117_Gallery.jpg

I get what you're saying but that's kind of a cop out too...of course there's going to be anomilys that make the bubble performance unsustainable

However, the eye test and the numbers tell a different story

Devin Booker - Has a PER of 15.8...that's his lowest since the 2016-2017 season, highest turnover percentage of his career, and he's only taking 5 free throw attempts per game which is his lowest since his rookie year...getting to the free throw line is what took his game to the next level

Murray- Lowest PER since his rookie year, lowest free throw % of his career and lowest 3pt% since his rookie season

Mitchell - Has probably been the most solid of this group so far and that's because he's been rounding into form this last week or so

I expect Booker to play better though as he and Paul continue to build chemistry and like I said Murray might be playing hurt so we'll see

4-14 since the 6-1 start

tumblr_n1cts5hIsz1qc1jg4o1_400.gif

Same record as the heat...

But I'll let you finish.

The 14th seed in the west is 4 games out of the 4th seed

Pistons the only team in the East you can really write off

I don't see a robust buyout market since pretty much every team except for like two has a real chance of making the play in game

Need a time like a Orlando to commit to blowing it up and start having a fire sale...I think Fournier could help a lot of good teams(Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, Dallas, Memphis ect could all use him)

No. Vucevic would move the needle some but Nurse would probably swing on Fournier.

Yea. The bubble helped out a ton of players and a team or two.
:shrug2:
It’s unfortunate the Pelicans were only there for like a week it would’ve helped there
I get what you're saying but that's kind of a cop out too...of course there's going to be anomilys that make the bubble performance unsustainable

However, the eye test and the numbers tell a different story

Devin Booker - Has a PER of 15.8...that's his lowest since the 2016-2017 season, highest turnover percentage of his career, and he's only taking 5 free throw attempts per game which is his lowest since his rookie year...getting to the free throw line is what took his game to the next level

Murray- Lowest PER since his rookie year, lowest free throw % of his career and lowest 3pt% since his rookie season

Mitchell - Has probably been the most solid of this group so far and that's because he's been rounding into form this last week or so

I expect Booker to play better though as he and Paul continue to build chemistry and like I said Murray might be playing hurt so we'll see
lol @ anomilys but word I hear you. A lot of players are having slow starts and I can’t use the eye test myself on any of these guys so I’ll take your word for it. Nuggets need another guard though if Murray is playing hurt

booker unsurprisingly is trying to figure out the best way to play next to Chris Pauline having actual expectations so I get it

It’s unfortunate the Pelicans were only there for like a week it would’ve helped there

lol @ anomilys but word I hear you. A lot of players are having slow starts and I can’t use the eye test myself on any of these guys so I’ll take your word for it. Nuggets need another guard though if Murray is playing hurt

booker unsurprisingly is trying to figure out the best way to play next to Chris Pauline having actual expectations so I get it

Hit dogs

All love lol

nah, it wouldn't have

it would've just masked the issues they had and would've just gotten bounced anyway

Not hit dogs when the first thing you do after heat games is look at Jimmy butler stats

you look at the box score before I do

pelicans got two fans that became heat fans? Lol

I do that for all games I didn’t watch.

You get extra heated when a nigga crack on your team.

Pull your skirt down

Back