Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Knicks playing good enough to win but I dont like our chances with the game this close. This being a back to back and since Thibs played mfers 40+ minutes last night, Knicks gonna run out of gas

Lmao at the Wizards annoncers blaming Alex Len for everything when it's Westbrook that is spreading his legs wide open for LaMelo and the Hornets. Poor Len.

As Randle is about to get a triple double, Iron man I’m gonna answer you now. While Randle’s #s are like this as you said because of usage he’s still at the level of being a foundational piece for the knicks and I think he’s around 27 or so so it’s not like you can’t have him there for the next 5-6 years playing at a high level.

sure you don’t have to trade toppin but if Randle is working out and he actually likes it there, why play with the idea of trading him or letting him go? Randle is having a season where he’s playing like a top 20 player.

even if he comes down to earth he still should give you top 30 production at worst. You keep that guy with Barrett and add another guy to those two and you can start playing with the idea of having a perennial playoff team. Obi just going to be stifled as I don’t think you can keep both.
Yes you can keep obi and have him be on the same timeline as Barrett but that’s if you want to keep fielding young teams not trying to win. At some point you gotta have players play in meaningful games consistently and getting playoff experience.

I’m not giving up on obi when I’m saying this but if you trade him now while his value Is still relatively high (hasn’t shown he isn’t good or bad yet so he’s still has mystique thus creating value. You should be able to cash out more instead of let’s say after the season

food for thought though I could be wrong that’s just my perspective

As Randle is about to get a triple double, Iron man I’m gonna answer you now. While Randle’s #s are like this as you said because of usage he’s still at the level of being a foundational piece for the knicks and I think he’s around 27 or so so it’s not like you can’t have him there for the next 5-6 years playing at a high level.

sure you don’t have to trade toppin but if Randle is working out and he actually likes it there, why play with the idea of trading him or letting him go? Randle is having a season where he’s playing like a top 20 player.

even if he comes down to earth he still should give you top 30 production at worst. You keep that guy with Barrett and add another guy to those two and you can start playing with the idea of having a perennial playoff team. Obi just going to be stifled as I don’t think you can keep both.
Yes you can keep obi and have him be on the same timeline as Barrett but that’s if you want to keep fielding young teams not trying to win. At some point you gotta have players play in meaningful games consistently and getting playoff experience.

I’m not giving up on obi when I’m saying this but if you trade him now while his value Is still relatively high (hasn’t shown he isn’t good or bad yet so he’s still has mystique thus creating value. You should be able to cash out more instead of let’s say after the season

food for thought though I could be wrong that’s just my perspective

You not wrong with anything you saying. The idea when you draft Obi is to have him play like Randle is by the time hes 26.

I still dont trade Obi and keep him for if a big time player becomes available.

My question to you is, do you sign Randle at 28 to a 5 year near max? Thats when this becomes scary.

Does Randle work next to a legit #1? Or does he need to be the #1? Randle as a #2 who can be this effective is a good player. Key word is being this effective. Randle as a #1, as good as hes been, isnt a long term solution.

Its too many questions that need answered.

For now, Randle has to be a part of the future plans. But idk bout building around him.

You not wrong with anything you saying. The idea when you draft Obi is to have him play like Randle is by the time hes 26.

I still dont trade Obi and keep him for if a big time player becomes available.

My question to you is, do you sign Randle at 28 to a 5 year near max? Thats when this becomes scary.

Does Randle work next to a legit #1? Or does he need to be the #1? Randle as a #2 who can be this effective is a good player. Key word is being this effective. Randle as a #1, as good as hes been, isnt a long term solution.

Its too many questions that need answered.

For now, Randle has to be a part of the future plans. But idk bout building around him.
Valid points unless it possible to get like a Zach lavine level player to where it could be a 1A and 1B situation

but yeah I can see with what you said why you would choose obi over Randle but that means obi gonna gave to be shackled a bit. And the guy you trade Randle for you have to hope can still keep them competitive

I get it though it’s not a terribly bad problem to have

Win or lose I like what I see from Bam this game. Hes already really good and looks like hes a year away from totally taking over

Back