Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

AD’s mediocre start (for his standards). Some quarters it looks like we’re just going through the motions as a team.
Heat,Boston and Denver being a combined 30-32. And that’s with Denver going on a run as of late.

I know there’s some covid sprinkled in but I don’t think it’s coincidental the final 4 teams are having slow starts from guys.

Heat and Nuggets overachieved in that bubble setting IMO.

Lakers got some new players in new roles so it’s gon be a bit of an issue but Lakers still looking like the best team in the league.

I said before when the nets got harden that LA was still the best because they can lock folks the fuck up and last night they was showing that.

Murray came down to earth after what he did in the bubble

Yes I’m saying I understand he sucked in the a bit prior to the bubble and in the bubble but for spo to not even try to start Leonard and nunn when that lineup was killing teams last season it doesn’t make sense to me. But nah he had to start Herro and then banish nunn to the bench. Then when nunn played well when everyone was out, he hasn’t got mins since Jimmy came back and it’s weird because he’s one of the only guys that puts pressure on the D by creating his own shot

but nah I gotta see Dragic struggle to get past his man and then go into the paint and pivot until he tries a fadeaway jumper that misses
another serious question but wasnt you shitting on Nunn pretty heavy at one point last season?

again...serious question, not a gotcha moment

another serious question but wasnt you shitting on Nunn pretty heavy at one point last season?

again...serious question, not a gotcha moment
Yes but I addressed it in my last answer

nunn was bad around the time we traded winslow and then he got covid for the bubble and was bad too

but I love Nunn he has “it”

Yes but I addressed it in my last answer

nunn was bad around the time we traded winslow and then he got covid for the bubble and was bad too

but I love Nunn he has “it”
ahhh gotcha

b/c officiating live ball action is hard af lol

in a few of those clips, the lead official (baseline) is coming over. While he is in his trot, all he sees is the action of the defender. He has just guessed a foul was occurred b/c of the action of the defense. Or you can get what is referred to as straightlined where you are behind someone that is obstructing your view so you dont see everything from start to finish...you just see the reaction and assumed a foul was committed on the offense.

b/c officiating live ball action is hard af lol

in a few of those clips, the lead official (baseline) is coming over. While he is in his trot, all he sees is the action of the defender. He has just guessed a foul was occurred b/c of the action of the defense. Or you can get what is referred to as straightlined where you are behind someone that is obstructing your view so you dont see everything from start to finish...you just see the reaction and assumed a foul was committed on the offense.

So he didn’t see it but called it.

That’s just terrible refs shit then. Needs to be replaced sounds like it to me

So he didn’t see it but called it.

That’s just terrible refs shit then. Needs to be replaced sounds like it to me

its not that black and white though

yes, the goal is to always put yourself in the best possible situation to see the play. You are taught from day one, get in between the players.

but there are usually a ton of different things going on at any given point. A lot of the flops, in real time are pretty convincing.

When i've had this happen with a particular player, I tend to watch him on both offense and defense as well as listen to the coach during the huddle b/c the coaches believe it or not be teaching them to do that kinda shit. If i see someone trying to take a charge for instance, usually they oversell it but its generally an actual charge

a huge misconception is that you have to take a charge squarely in the chest and have your feet set and that's not true. You can move backwards to give ground, but you cant move lateral or forward. Prior to a couple seasons ago, in High school at least, there were really no measures to combat flopping on the defense...well as a flopping penalty. You just more than likely called it a blocking foul, but i think now you can tech them for excessive flopping. Offense? just call and offensive foul keep it moving but i think you can tech their asses up as well if its excessive.

you just gotta know who you dealing with out there. If im officiating Boston, i would have a slower whistle in anticipation of some fuck shit by Marcus smart.

Back