Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Aww man it’s a shame to have that group miss the postseason again. And I hope Rudy gay can play on a good team in the playoffs before he hangs it up.

He might be a trade chip for a playoff bound team. He has been ok, this season and honestly pretty solid since signing after his Achilles injury. It's funny that they never mention him as one of the few successful players to bounce back from that. Durant even chatted with Rudy about how to approach it when he got hurt

Wait I just saw Derrick white and his fresh new contract is back so I think you guys have more than enough. Couple that with pop’s coaching and idk I think y’all can make a run for the 6 seed

He might be a trade chip for a playoff bound team. He has been ok, this season and honestly pretty solid since signing after his Achilles injury. It's funny that they never mention him as one of the few successful players to bounce back from that. Durant even chatted with Rudy about how to approach it when he got hurt
Pat and I have been trying to get Rudy gay for awhile

I would welcome a move for him

Wait I just saw Derrick white and his fresh new contract is back so I think you guys have more than enough. Couple that with pop’s coaching and idk I think y’all can make a run for the 6 seed

The defense is really bad.

Pop loves his veteran players a little too much for my liking also. Lol. If they have it going then play them but if they aren't hitting shots or breaking down the defense they gotta sit in my opinion. Every Veteran on the team ie. Aldridge, DeRozan, Gay, and Mills are bad defenders. I will say DeRozan has given way more effort on that end this season and Mills always gives great effort but they are bad.

Mills due to his height and limited wingspan and DeRozan due to just bad defensive IQ. Aldridge and Gay just can't move laterally quick enough anymore due to old age, I'm guessing. Not to mention it isn't a lot of talking on that end. Good defensive teams consistently talk while on the court and these guys don't do it enough which causes confusion on when or not to switch or hedge, etc.

The young guys are usually too aggressive on defense which (against smart offensive players) is easy to take advantage of. Pop has got to figure out the rotations now that White is back also. Our rookie wing Vassell who is a really good defensive player who can hit 3's has gotten his minutes cut which hurts the defense also.

Melo only has to avg 12 points in 54 games to crack top 10 on the all time scoring list

Respect that man

giphy.gif

Antetokounmpo continues to be one of the most impactful two-way players basketball has ever seen. To that end, criticizing a 25-year-old back-to-back reigning MVP who just signed the most lucrative contract in NBA history can feel harsh and reductive. But with great expectations comes an even greater responsibility. Antetokounmpo’s physical advantages are apparent on every play, but how he opts to exploit them against the very best teams is not impervious to concern or even doubt, especially in a seven-game playoff series.

While debates roil about the most efficient way to deploy him—be it as a dive man, irrepressible off-ball cutter, transition locomotive and/or pick-and-roll maestro—Antetokounmpo’s dormant, rudimentary post game quietly sits at the root of all his problems. If he can stand to expand one area of his game, this should be it.

Sound familiar?

Back