Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Woke up and the Rockets sitting in 8th place and only a game and a half out of 4th

2nd in defense
8th in net rating
Offense is improving and almost in the top half

giphy.gif

When you wake up see the timeline and Mavs fans talking bout trading for Cody fckin Zeller. But they ain’t want trades for Drummond, wood, or Collins

But during the Nets’ 124-120 win over the visiting LA Clippers in a contest that lived up to the pregame hype, the Clippers’ star duo could not keep up with Kevin Durant, James Harden and Kyrie Irving, especially at the foul line. Brooklyn’s star trio combined to go 16-for-16 from the line. Leonard was 8-for-9 at the stripe, but George went to the line only one time in 36 minutes. “I mean, I think it was disrespectful that I had one free throw attempt today,” said George, who registered 26 points and six assists. “I am going to leave it at that.”

– via Ohm Youngmisuk @ ESPN

Entering Wednesday night’s game against the Milwaukee Bucks (7 p.m. ET on ESPN and the ESPN app), Turner is averaging 3.9 blocks per game, which would be the most for any player since Hall of Famer Alonzo Mourning in 1998-99. Earlier this season, he blocked at least three shots in 10 consecutive games, the third-longest streak for any player in the past decade. “You can lead the league in shot-blocking and still not make an All-Defensive team,” Turner told ESPN. That’s exactly what happened to him when he averaged a league-best 2.7 blocks per game in 2018-19.

– via Eric Woodyard @ ESPN

Back