Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

23/5.6/4.6 and 27/5.8/3.5 isn’t star quality to hustle

anybody else agree?

also when I said I didn’t consider Bam a star maybe a few weeks ago, I take that back

Because how can you be considered arguably a top 15 player and not be considered a star?

Lol listen man that’s why I think we need to set like idk the word...the parameters? of what it takes to be a :

Superstar
Star
Great player

To me I think people are loose with superstar. Only a handful of them.

Stars a bigger group where there’s a high end and lower end.

Great Players can camouflage as stars with advanced stats or system but when it’s money time we see the difference.

Examples for me:

KD - Superstar
Jokic - High end Star
B.I - Low End Star
Brogdon - Great Player

Didn’t say he doesn’t have star quality
Bro you’re dealing with semantics I asked you RIGHT NOW are they stars and you said no

those are their numbers right now when I asked so that is what your saying.

Im not debating you, opposing you or even saying you are wrong. I’m more so trying to find the list of star players in this league. It’s partly why I asked what do they have to do to become stars in this league?

everybody mentioned in this thread is arguably a top 20 and if you wanna be cute top 25

but if you’re a top 25 player can you really say somebody isn’t a star?

To me I think people are loose with superstar. Only a handful of them.

Stars a bigger group where there’s a high end and lower end.

Great Players can camouflage as stars with advanced stats or system but when it’s money time we see the difference.

Examples for me:

KD - Superstar
Jokic - High end Star
B.I - Low End Star
Brogdon - Great Player
Good breakdown of it

let me ask you since I was coincidentally listening to a pod about this very thing which on the low is why I brought it up...where’s Bam here? Low end star but still a star?

also if Tatum is better than brown is it by a lot? Is he a high end star and brown a low end one?

And I think Jokic is better than Embiid overall then he’s not a superstar by your definition? Unless you think he’s better

Last edited:
Is this off?

superstar:

Lebron
AD
Giannis
Durant
Kawhi
Curry
Luka
Harden

Star:
Butler
Jokic
Lillard
Embiid
Adebayo
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Ingram
Towns
Booker
Paul
Lowry
Sabonis
Oladipo
Wall
Zion
Fox
Irving
Morant
Beal
Mitchell
Middleton
Murray
Trae
Lavine

Great player:

russell
Klay
Westbrook
Hield
Capela
Drummond
Sexton
Vucevic

Lol how do y’all find time to argue this????

it’s not an argument really but more a conversation

It’s a discussion board famo

What’s the alternative? Talking about shaq and Mitchell and NBATV Or how AD didn’t feel like playing basketball his last year in New Orleans?

I thought this was constructive

Im trying to pod today

A guy with a 40 point triple double in the finals dolo and had led multiple teams to the playoffs is a worse player than spot up Klay who never led his team anywhere and you haven’t seen play since 2019 and won’t see play until 2022

this not the discussion so I won’t devote much time to it but okay man if you think so

Back