Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

I think Jrue is a good player, I never said he wasn't. He is way better than Bledsoe and I don't blame them for trading to get Jrue.

BUT............

They didn't do a sign and trade for Jrue which means (barring injuries) he has all the leverage in negotiations which isn't an ideal situation for Milwaukee. if they sign Jrue to a max deal in the offseason they aren't going to have money to play in free agency to help make a roster that isn't good enough......... better.

if they don't sign him they still don't have a lot of money to go after good players in free agency and they don't even have draft picks to use as trade capital or to get cheap young promising prospects

So they traded a ton of trade and cheap prospect capital to stay good but not great at a high price point and that's a good idea???? I'm not knocking them for trading for Jrue, I just feel they gave up to much for somebody who isn't going to get them over the hump. I hope I'm wrong but unless Jrue signs for a decent deal, Giannis gets better shooting, they find some undrafted free agents, or coach Bud figures something out they are overpaying for a 2nd round exit team at best.

And Giannis is still going to ask out in 2 seasons.....
i agree 100%.. but they had to do something lol.. what you don't want to go is get nothing..jrue was a top free agent and they landed him..giannis not looking at them picks man.. he tryna win now because that window to him is probably shutting.. even tho we both agree that shit is closed.. he just not effective in the playoffs but the bucks did right in getting him.

i agree 100%.. but they had to do something lol.. what you don't want to go is get nothing..jrue was a top free agent and they landed him..giannis not looking at them picks man.. he tryna win now because that window to him is probably shutting.. even tho we both agree that shit is closed.. he just not effective in the playoffs but the bucks did right in getting him.

Not if Jrue (which he can do) leaves in free agency.....

I keep saying the same thing and you keep glossing over it. They traded a solid starter, bench player and a ton of picks for a good (not great) player who could just walk after this season....

That's hustling backward as fuck. LMAO.

Giannis signed his deal not because they traded for Jrue or because he thinks they have enough to win (unless he is supremely confident in himself) but because that money was too much to pass up and he is comfortable in Milwaukee. No way in hell he looked at this roster and thought they were a championship contender. LMAO.

Not if Jrue (which he can do) leaves in free agency.....

I keep saying the same thing and you keep glossing over it. They traded a solid starter, bench player and a ton of picks for a good (not great) player who could just walk after this season....

That's hustling backward as fuck. LMAO.

Giannis signed his deal not because they traded for Jrue or because he thinks they have enough to win (unless he is supremely confident in himself) but because that money was too much to pass up and he is comfortable in Milwaukee. No way in hell he looked at this roster and thought they were a championship contender. LMAO.
im not glossing over it.. you keep talking about after this year and im telling you they don't give a fuck because they're trying to win now lol..i also truly believe giannis thinks this team can compete for a chip.. and the organization as well..i believe personnel wise they can..i just think it's up to giannis.. and i don't believe he is that guy in the playoffs.

The Brooklyn Nets tried to acquire a first round pick for Landry Shamet as part of the James Harden trade in order to keep Jarrett Allen, but were unsuccessful. The Houston Rockets preferred a future first round pick originating from the Milwaukee Bucks via the Cleveland Cavaliers and salary relief instead of trading for Allen.

The Nets will be limited in how they can upgrade their roster based on their limited asset base beyond Harden, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and Joe Harris.

"I don't know what sort of trade value they have left on their roster," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "I talked to two different teams that the Nets offered Landry Shamet to in the last week, attempting to get a first round pick. They were trying to keep Jarrett Allen, as you can imagine. To get the fourth first round pick, they were trying to find a team that would give them anything. And so they shopped Landry Shamet pretty hard from what I understand.

"I mean I talked to two teams that just mentioned it in passing. I didn't do an entire sweep of the league. My guess is they offered him to numerous teams trying to get that first round pick. Maybe Landry gets hot playing alongside all of these stars. If that's a guy they deem movable, you know, maybe that changes. I just don't see a lot of assets on the roster. And of course they have no first round picks they can trade."

Damian Lillard and Kevin Durant have been named the NBA's Players of the Week for Week 4 (Jan. 11-Jan. 17).

Lillard averaged 30.3 points, 7.3 assists and 5.3 rebounds as the Portland Trail Blazers went 3-1.

Durant averaged 34.0 points and 8.0 assists as the Brooklyn Nets went 3-0.

REALGM STAFF REPORT

Back