Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Giannis has to get better at shooting. Doesn't even have to be 3 pointers, just 15 footers ( off dribble and spotting up) and free throws. That would open his game up so damn much.

Like you said maybe post Giannis when guarded by smaller guys or when Jordan is checking him, have him face up inside the arc at the elbows so he can use his quickness against Jordan.

Saying Gainnis gotta get better at shooting at this point in his career is dead too.

Giannis is what he is at this point. Incredible player with a major flaw. Coach need to start coaching around them flaws

Giannis has to get better at shooting. Doesn't even have to be 3 pointers, just 15 footers ( off dribble and spotting up) and free throws. That would open his game up so damn much.

Like you said maybe post Giannis when guarded by smaller guys or when Jordan is checking him, have him face up inside the arc at the elbows so he can use his quickness against Jordan.

Before any of that happens he needs to fix his shooting form.

Idk if he put on too much weight too quick and he's overcompensating but you can see the regression from year 1 to now

Before any of just happens he needs to fix his shooting form.

Idk if he put on too much weight too quick and he's overcompensating but you can see the regression from year 1 to now

A few pages back I posted a Basketball breakdown video of them pointing out how his shot changed for the worse since coming into the NBA..

His 1st couple of seasons his shooting form was super natural and not too much wasted movement, now his legs are odd and his elbows flare out when he shoots. Whoever tried to fix his shooting when he was young screwed his shot. His free throw shooting has continuously gotten worse each season also. SMH

So...........

The team they have now is enough to even get out of the East in your opinion? Do you believe this Milwaukee team is even good enough as constructed to make it to the eastern conference finals?
oh not at all..i don't believe in giannis in the playoffs.. but at the same time im sure the bucks want to keep giannis and the way to do that is to keep him happy with talent.. jrue is a beast.. he's not james harden but his contribution on both sides of the ball is gonna make giannis' job way easier.. this team once they get it together is gonna be better than any of the teams he's played on up to this point.

Saying Gainnis gotta get better at shooting at this point in his career is dead too.

Giannis is what he is at this point. Incredible player with a major flaw. Coach need to start coaching around them flaws

Ehhh.....

He is still young and with real work and no fear of letting his shot fly in a game he can get better. I mean it's examples of players getting better the older they get with shooting. Jason Kidd is a good example of becoming a better jump shooter the older he got, shit Tim Duncan and even Tony Parker (I know you guys hate him) became more consistent shooters the older they got.

It ain't easy but you can tell he is trying so maybe if he can get someone to help him clean the shot up a bit......

oh not at all..i don't believe in giannis in the playoffs.. but at the same time im sure the bucks want to keep giannis and the way to do that is to keep him happy with talent.. jrue is a beast.. he's not james harden but his contribution on both sides of the ball is gonna make giannis' job way easier.. this team once they get it together is gonna be better than any of the teams he's played on up to this point.

I think Jrue is a good player, I never said he wasn't. He is way better than Bledsoe and I don't blame them for trading to get Jrue.

BUT............

They didn't do a sign and trade for Jrue which means (barring injuries) he has all the leverage in negotiations which isn't an ideal situation for Milwaukee. if they sign Jrue to a max deal in the offseason they aren't going to have money to play in free agency to help make a roster that isn't good enough......... better.

if they don't sign him they still don't have a lot of money to go after good players in free agency and they don't even have draft picks to use as trade capital or to get cheap young promising prospects

So they traded a ton of trade and cheap prospect capital to stay good but not great at a high price point and that's a good idea???? I'm not knocking them for trading for Jrue, I just feel they gave up to much for somebody who isn't going to get them over the hump. I hope I'm wrong but unless Jrue signs for a decent deal, Giannis gets better shooting, they find some good undrafted free agents, or coach Bud figures something out they are overpaying for a 2nd round exit team at best.

And Giannis is still going to ask out in 2 seasons.....

For guys like Luka and Giannis, where are they getting their runs in during the offseason?!?!!? They obviously dont go to UCLA, and I know Giannis isnt playing pickup with 5'8" guys in Greece.

Luka goes back home. Giannis trains on his own. Jokic goes back home too. I don't think they do the whole runs thing. I saw a video of Jokic playing basketball in a park against regulars during the off season and he was just chilling.

Back