Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Billups had been considered the leading Portland candidate for months, but it does appear that both Brooklyn assistant Mike D'Antoni and San Antonio assistant Becky Hammon were legitimate finalists to fill Portland's vacancy. D'Antoni was billed as the choice somewhere in the middle, a noted offensive guru that could boost Lillard's production and vault him into a legitimate MVP conversation.

Hammon impressed Portland officials and was generally liked among Blazers staffers, sources said. But when Portland reached out for intel from San Antonio figures, the background on Hammon was not nearly as complimentary pertaining to various aspects of day-to-day coaching responsibilities. That sentiment has been echoed by sources around the league. Blazers personnel then cast doubt that Hammon was the candidate to steer the ship through such delicate waters with Lillard.

Blazers chair Jody Allen was the strongest champion for Hammon, sources said. Allen was energized by the idea of hiring the first female head coach in NBA history, also evidenced by the team contacting South Carolina women's basketball head coach Dawn Staley.

Source: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ortland-dallas

The bold part is the most interesting in my opinion

Billups had been considered the leading Portland candidate for months, but it does appear that both Brooklyn assistant Mike D'Antoni and San Antonio assistant Becky Hammon were legitimate finalists to fill Portland's vacancy. D'Antoni was billed as the choice somewhere in the middle, a noted offensive guru that could boost Lillard's production and vault him into a legitimate MVP conversation.

Hammon impressed Portland officials and was generally liked among Blazers staffers, sources said. But when Portland reached out for intel from San Antonio figures, the background on Hammon was not nearly as complimentary pertaining to various aspects of day-to-day coaching responsibilities. That sentiment has been echoed by sources around the league. Blazers personnel then cast doubt that Hammon was the candidate to steer the ship through such delicate waters with Lillard.

Blazers chair Jody Allen was the strongest champion for Hammon, sources said. Allen was energized by the idea of hiring the first female head coach in NBA history, also evidenced by the team contacting South Carolina women's basketball head coach Dawn Staley.

First yall shit on Kawhi and now Becky.

Spurs post Duncan is trending towards a trash franchise

Pretty much it came down to Lillard wanting Billups, Jody Allen wanted Hammon and Neil Olshey wanted Dantoni

Portland headed for an implosion and I can't wait

Pretty much it came down to Lillard wanting Billups, Jody Allen wanted Hammon and Neil Olshey wanted Dantoni

Portland headed for an implosion and I can't wait

it’s been rumors Pop is done after the olympics but doesn’t want a whole lot of media attention on him leaving. So maybe they want to keep Becky to take over and they didn’t expect her to get so many offers. So one way to keep her around without letting folks know he is leaving is this way.

It’s a stupid idea, but that’s honestly my opinion. Lol

but you’re opinion makes even more sense. Portland has a media shit storm right now and they are trying to deflect. So what better way than to drag somebody else into the mix.

Why? Gotta let it play out. Off the top of my head if you look at the past 20 drafts the consensus best player going into the draft probably ended up the best in less than 5 or 6 drafts.

If they grade Green out higher take him, don’t pick off media rankings.

Same shit i said 2 weeks ago. They knew better

Back