The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@toheeb27 I know you keep up to date with Chelsea loan army which is a full-time job and a half!

Would be good to get your take in Jan 2021 on who you think has done well and who may still have a future with Chelsea come next Summer.

Some of the key names listed:

Michy Batshuayi – Crystal Palace
Ross Barkley – Aston Villa
Conor Gallagher – West Brom
Ruben Loftus-Cheek – Fulham
Tiemoue Bakayoko – Napoli
Ethan Ampadu – Sheffield United
Marko Van Ginkel – PSV
Kenedy - Granada
Victor Moses – Spartak Moscow
Davide Zappacosta – Genoa
Malang Sarr – Porto
Trevor Chalobah - Lorient

*Danny Drinkwater – [Chelsea]

*I understand Drinkwater is still with you guys but not in Lampard's plans and his £100k/week wages were off-putting for most clubs to take him
From your list, Conor Gallagher, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Ethan Ampadu are the 3 that truly have a future in the club. Barkley and Malang Sarr are tricky. Lampard likes Barkley, so anything can happen there. Malang Sarr has a chance, will really need to impress on loan. Left footed CBs are so hard to find.

Not on your list, 3 players on loan who the club is very high on Ian Maatsen (LB), Marc Guehi (CB) and Armando Broja (FW)

Posted 9 months ago (Oct 17 2020)...

@toheeb27
What's your assessment now especially with Tuchel in charge?

I don't think any have a future except Gallagher... But even then he's still likely to go back on loan like Gilmour

Posted 9 months ago (Oct 17 2020)...

@toheeb27
What's your assessment now especially with Tuchel in charge?

I don't think any have a future except Gallagher... But even then he's still likely to go back on loan like Gilmour
Broja just signed a 5 year deal today and is most likely staying with the team this season after his loan to Vitesse last season.

If we can sell Alonso and/or Emerson, there is a good chance Maatsen stays. Club is high on him. I would like him to go on a loan though.

Tuchel liked RLC before he joined Chelsea and might decide to keep him. RLC was pretty disappointing last season on loan (still recovering from his Achilles injury). Hopefully he is doing better this preseason.

Sarr was shit at Porto last season, but based on what i have heard, there is a good chance he stays too.

If we dont sign Rice or Tchouameni, then Gallagher might stay.

This is more of an optimistic view of things. We could sign a new CB, FW and a D-Mid, and the then most of these kids might need to leave on loan or for good.

Broja just signed a 5 year deal today and is most likely staying with the team this season after his loan to Vitesse last season.

If we can sell Alonso and/or Emerson, there is a good chance Maatsen stays. Club is high on him. I would like him to go on a loan though.

Tuchel liked RLC before he joined Chelsea and might decide to keep him. RLC was pretty disappointing last season on loan (still recovering from his Achilles injury). Hopefully he is doing better this preseason.

Sarr was shit at Porto last season, but based on what i have heard, there is a good chance he stays too.

If we dont sign Rice or Tchouameni, then Gallagher might stay.

This is more of an optimistic view of things. We could sign a new CB, FW and a D-Mid, and the then most of these kids might need to leave on loan or for good.

What of Barkley?

Officially announced guehi to Palace in the last 30mins

What of Barkley?

Officially announced guehi to Palace in the last 30mins
Barkley has been trash, he’s the pre-season goat but does jack shit in the season. He started decently on his last loan stint and then faded aaay. Him and Drinkwater, Michy B and Zappacosta all need to be sold

Reactions: toheeb27
Barkley has been trash, he’s the pre-season goat but does jack shit in the season. He started decently on his last loan stint and then faded aaay. Him and Drinkwater, Michy B and Zappacosta all need to be sold

Problem is I don't even think villa want him.
Since he went there last season on loan they got Samson in Jan from Marseille and Buendia this summer from Norwich.

He could be useful to Spurs or wolves if Neves departs

Reactions: Nope
They pretty much play the same position though (2nd striker).
Lol I think it's someone dream to play no strikers just forward players who can score and drop into midfield

Would you sacrifice Suarez for Griezmann tho...
For European games definitely I don't know what it is about European games he just can't score anymore. Also it's a alternative.
i think griezmann got tired of doing the dirty work though....he's 30 and wants to live "la vida loca" in a free role...
Lol he cant get more freedom than atletico right now pretty much he's only option

Status
Not open for further replies.