Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniëlle van de Donk leaves Arsenal and joins mammoth Lyon overhaul
  • Dutch forward’s contract expired at Arsenal after six years
  • Lyon also sign Christiane Endler and Signe Bruun
Daniëlle van de Donk on the ball for Arsenal

Lyon have announced the signings of the goalkeeper Christiane Endler and the forwards Signe Bruun and Daniëlle van de Donk to kickstart the big summer of transfers promised by the president and owner of the seven-times European champions, Jean-Michel Aulas.

The French club’s 14-year reign as Division 1 Féminine champions was ended by PSG, who won a first league title. The Parisian side also knocked their domestic rivals out of the Champions League at the quarter-final stage.

Manchester City Women Unveil New Signing Ruby Mace<br>MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - JUNE 11: Manchester City unveil new signing Ruby Mace at Manchester City Football Academy on June 11, 2021 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Matt McNulty - Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images)

As a result of the disappointing season for Lyon, Jean-Luc Vasseur was replaced as manager in April with the former Lyon midfielder and academy director Sonia Bompastor, who became the club’s first female manager.

Van de Donk joins Lyon on a free transfer after six seasons at Arsenal. The Netherlands forward won the FA Cup in 2016, League Cup in 2018 and WSL in 2019. The 29-year-old helped win Euro 2017 on home soil and finish as runners-up at the 2019 World Cup in France.

Endler is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world and conceded just four goals in 22 league games last season. She was named in the Fifpro Women’s World XI in 2020 and has signed a deal that will keep her in Lyon until 2024.

The 23-year-old Bruun has signed a two-year deal after scoring 10 goals in 31 league appearances for PSG. The Denmark player began her professional career at Fortuna Hjørring, where she won two league titles.

Lyon have also announced it has reached an agreement in principle with 23-year-old PSG left-back Perle Morroni.

As part of Lyon’s overhaul, the goalkeeper Sarah Bouhaddi, the forward Eugénie Le Sommer and the midfielder Dzsenifer Marozsán have all joined the Tacoma, Washington-based OL Reign, the team purchased by Lyon’s owners in the US. The Japanese midfielder Saki Kumagai moved to Bayern Munich and the England forward Nikita Parris is set to join Arsenal.

Nikita Parris: Arsenal Women sign England international from Lyon for club-record fee
Former Lyon and Manchester City striker Nikita Parris, who is currently with Team GB and about to compete in the Tokyo Olympics, will join up with the squad in pre-season; Parris: "I'm very happy to be here. Arsenal has an unbelievable history and I want to be a part of this."

Friday 2 July 2021 13:50, UK

Arsenal Women have confirmed the signing of England international Nikita Parris from Lyon for a club-record fee.
The deal for the 27-year-old striker is worth up to £86,000, with £67,000 being paid up front and the rest in bonuses.

Parris is currently preparing to compete in the Tokyo Olympics with Team GB and will join up with the Gunners in pre-season.

Prior to leaving Manchester City for France, she held the record as the all-time leading scorer in the Women's Super League with 49 goals.
She also won the 2016 league title, the 2016 and 2018/19 Women's Super League Cup, as well as the 2016/17 and 2018/19 Women's FA Cup.

On signing for Arsenal, she told the club's official website: "I'm very happy to be here. Arsenal has an unbelievable history and I want to be a part of this.

Parris was named the FWA Women's Footballer of the Year in 2019 and was included in The Guardian's list of The 100 Best Female Footballers In The World in 2018 and 2019.

She won the 2019/20 UEFA Women's Champions League during her time at Lyon, as well as the 2020 Coupe de France Feminine, the 2019 Trophee des Championnes, and the 2019 Women's International Champions Cup.

Parris also played a key role for England as they reached the semi-finals of Euro 2017 and achieved a fourth-place finish at the 2019 Women's World Cup.

Her six goals during World Cup qualification ranked first within UEFA nations and secured England's place at the top tournament.

Parris also helped England win their first SheBelieves Cup in 2019 and will be competing in the Tokyo Olympics next month.

Nikita Parris

New Arsenal head coach Jonas Eidevall added: "I'm very pleased to have signed Nikita and add to our strong strike force.
"She is a talented player and has a winners mentality and I'm looking forward to working with her once she returns from the Olympics."

Meanwhile, Lyon remain keen on signing Arsenal's Vivianne Miedema and have been in discussions this summer. The French club are also trying to secure the services of USA midfielder Lindsay Horan.

Arsenal face Okzhetpes in Champions League

Arsenal will face Kazakhstan's Okzhetpes in the first qualifying round of the new-look Women's Champions League.
The Gunners, who finished third in the Women's Super League last term, are scheduled to play the match on August 18 in what will be their first competitive outing under Eidevall.

The winners of the contest will then face the victors of PSV Eindhoven vs Lokomotiv Moscow three days later in one of the first qualifying round 'finals'.

@Water Ur Seeds Anyone trying to take Yves Bissouma from u guys? Instead of wasting money on Rice, I would rather get Bissouma.

There been plenty of speculation of him leaving for crazy much... Liverpool and Arsenal have been mentioned, it was pretty much nailed on him leaving pre Euro's but not sure what the latest is... I think he will be leaving though to a top 4-6 EPL club though...

@Big_Ev

Everton could hijack Ben White from Arsenal, offering £50mil... Sounds like Arsenal being Arsenal are offering £45mil but in structured payments and bonuses..

Arsenal ain't serious out here. If we really wanted him we'd have paid up already and got the deal done instead of penny pinching and trying to do Klarna deals out here. This board yet again is showing they don't give a shit and are killing the club.

You anglophiles are so backwards omg

View attachment 577728

Player coming straight from Ligue 1 has taken over PL for decades. Different pace? It's the Championship we're talking about, Ligue 1 is above it on every level. He gets to play in Europe, Marseille training facilities are above anything in the Championship, the coach Sampoili is better, the project is exciting. Dressing room? Do you think this is a movie? What has the benifts of the dressing room and pace of English football helped the National team? See this is exactly why they are so overrated and never wins cause the fans are just as ignorant as the media.

And Di Maria's family were help at gunpoint at home while he was playing which did effect him and he felt that he didn't get enough support from the team after that incident.

Mans said "life education" sounding just like some colonist trying to civilce people wtf

I feel like you're trolling at this point so given that's it's just kick off in euros I don't want to give this too much of my time now...

Saliba has only known one thing in his career and that is playing in France.
He gets signed to a club in a different country and automatically loaned out to his previous team. He then goes on loan to Nice...
Now he's going back to a third French team?!

The dressing room environment is of course going to be different in France vs England and certainly to use Fulham (as an example), more aligned to his parent club Arsenal.
Does Saliba fucking speak English or receive instructions from his coach/teammates in that language by being in France?

If you don't understand life education that can be gained from someone coming out their comfort zone of their own country or a league familiar to them then I don't know what to tell you.
He's barely lived out of France, the same way most English players don't do the same with England.

Go back through IC days and I was a major advocate for English young players to move abroad and get their own life education away from the coddling and comfort zones too, so my stance ain't no different to how I'm viewing Saliba. CeLLar-DooR and I went back and forth on that point for a good minute I recall.
So props to Sancho, Bellingham, Lookman, Noni in the Dutch league too. Betterment of their careers and their whole being in doing so.

Di Maria the same way I mentioned Fulham was again an example. I said Fulham because it meant being in London and so there was a good chance amongst others to also familiarise himself with the same city as his parent club as well as Arsenal scouts seeing him play regularly in person without potential Covid restrictions amongst other things.

Do you know how many guys came to England and didn't shine as they should or you want me to list everyone for your "excuses" lol

The same teams that gets relegated from PL gets promoted the next season, again like Norwich, Aston Villa, Newcastle etc. A higher number of games doesn't give the league a better quality, I have seen a few games and the level was not that good for instance the ball was in the air for like 30 seconds in multiple games. That's definition headless football. And all the teams that gets promoted buys a new starting 11 which tells you the quality of a Championship promoted team is not good enough

None of those players you just mentioned are anything special other Vardy and Kane. Compare them with players who came directly from Ligue 1 and took PL by storm like Kante, Hazard, Payet, Bernando Silva, Raphiniha, Fabinho, Saint Maximin.
youngsabu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back