Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought Rafa would go to Everton, are there any other managers out there that coached both Liverpool squads?
There is a big split in the board of directors about this. Moshiri is running solo on this one and it doesn’t help that he has Mendes and other agents in his ear.

@Mknight

tenor.gif

I love how where Wolves are potentially losing a player they always seem to have the back-up replacement already lined up and identified.. Including manager.

At some point there needs to be a good discussion on the different models of club management, recruitment and scouting done within clubs.

Wolves with the agent Mendes, Leicester and their chief scouting for unknown talent but elite potential, Chelsea and the loan army (although brexit and policy changes make it unsustainable), newly promoted Brentford and their disinvestment from academy development and moneyball system are all a few positive ways that come to mind.

Then on the flip side: Man United, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Everton... Couple of EPL clubs that seem to get it more wrong than right.
I'd actually include West Ham within that group for general purposes, but don't want to shit on them now considering last season and their overachievement

I love how where Wolves are potentially losing a player they always seem to have the back-up replacement already lined up and identified.. Including manager.
All because of Mendes this not a good thing. An agent should never have this much control over club where only his clients gets to play and transfer, its ridiculous and that club has become soulless with no hope for the players in youth academy either.

All because of Mendes this not a good thing. An agent should never have this much control over club where only his clients gets to play and transfer, its ridiculous and that club has become soulless with no hope for the players in youth academy either.
Great counterpoint and there's no guarantee that it's even sustainable. Wolves went backwards in terms of style last season and without Jimenez and Adama's loss of form they relied too much on Neto. I might even tip them as outsiders for relegation this season.

Great counterpoint and there's no guarantee that it's even sustainable. Wolves went backwards in terms of style last season and without Jimenez and Adama's loss of form they relied too much on Neto. I might even tip them as outsiders for relegation this season.
Just look at Benfica over the years you would have thought they are in a good shape financially after all the sales but they're still not in good shape after all that thanks to the percentages that goes directly to Mendes and his firm Gestitute pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back