Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have taken out their “Pep won the Champions League” anger on us, lol.

I disagree... but I guess we'll never find out

25QT.gif

I'm glad Pep was humbled just a shame Chelsea was the team to do it, but they earned it the hard way.

I don't know wth has happened to Sterling this season but if he didn't have the stature he does he really shouldn't even be going to the Euros.

KDB - the day is coming soon when we will have this convo! Once again he was the worst of City's attackers on the big stage. Same as against PSG. No World Cup, no Euros and no European trophy, but he always gets excuses made fot him.

Respect to Tuchel, proof that if your board have ambition and balls and are prepared to make changes amazing progress can happen. I doubt the Glazers even watched the match yesterday.

Fuck it, I'll set it off.

He's clearly overrated, they've won the league with a historic campaign without him, yet and still he's spoken about like he's their MVP. The talent level at the top isn't as good and certainly is more limited today than it was as recently (or far back) as the 2000's, with notable exceptions. Most the so-called world class players are lesser than the past ballers.

KDB is not a traditional No. 10. He's typically underperforms when played thru the middle, and even on the left of a 3-man midfield. Pep still refuses to accept that fact, he's played him there for most of citeh's recent final CL exit performances; vs Spurs, vs Liverpool, vs Monaco, last year's game against Lyon although he scored, he played poorly. Also, in the league, vs Leicester and they have their biggest home defeat in recent memory.

The middle is congested and he lacks the dribbling and the ability to play on the half-turn and play weight passes like Ozil or Fabregas, Mata, Silva etc.. It requires more vision 'cause they cant be played at an (acute) angle, which provides a clearer picture. Hence why he tends to play drift closer to the right wing, where the RW or RB can make decoy runs (which seem to work damn near all the time, especially against arsenaL) creating space for him to use his technique (brilliant curling) and vision to the best of his abilities.

Martinez probably realises this too 'cause he plays him at RW in the (few) games where he doesn't play with 3 CBs against tough opposition e.g WC SF vs France. Pep is just stubborn regarding this.

He was arguably the MOTF in Paris, the other games his numbers in speaks for themselves:

View attachment 547442
View attachment 547443
View attachment 547444

View attachment 547446

Even in the time b4 the Fraudulent he was a nightmare for PSG

View attachment 547447

View attachment 547448
You're quoting me on group stage games! When you talk about Zidane, Xavi, Pirlo, Schweinsteiger for example you think of players who have taken their club and national sides to the biggest trophies. We don't talk about Champs League group stage games with them man. We hear KDB is the best midfield player in the world when there is man like Kante, Modric and Kroos still playing who have done it all (in Kroos' case with 2 different clubs!)

KDB's talented, no doubt, but winning the PL and the Carabao Cup is not enought to be called the best midfielder in the world.
Fuck it, I'll set it off.

He's clearly overrated, they've won the league with a historic campaign without him, yet and still he's spoken about like he's their MVP. The talent level at the top isn't as good and certainly is more limited today than it was as recently (or far back) as the 2000's, with notable exceptions. Most the so-called world class players are lesser than the past ballers.

KDB is not a traditional No. 10. He's typically underperforms when played thru the middle, and even on the left of a 3-man midfield. Pep still refuses to accept that fact, he's played him there for most of citeh's recent final CL exit performances; vs Spurs, vs Liverpool, vs Monaco, last year's game against Lyon although he scored, he played poorly. Also, in the league, vs Leicester and they have their biggest home defeat in recent memory.

The middle is congested and he lacks the dribbling and the ability to play on the half-turn and play weight passes like Ozil or Fabregas, Mata, Silva etc.. It requires more vision 'cause they cant be played at an (acute) angle, which provides a clearer picture. Hence why he tends to play drift closer to the right wing, where the RW or RB can make decoy runs (which seem to work damn near all the time, especially against arsenaL) creating space for him to use his technique (brilliant curling) and vision to the best of his abilities.

Martinez probably realises this too 'cause he plays him at RW in the (few) games where he doesn't play with 3 CBs against tough opposition e.g WC SF vs France. Pep is just stubborn regarding this.
I'm not sure overrated is the right word because he is very gifted but his mentality never gets questioned. To be truly elite you have to have that unquestionable mentality. He's been part of some of the most talented club and national sides of recent years so it's not like he's had to do a Maradona and drag his teams by himself, he's had all the help you can ask for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back