Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t blame De Gea forr missing a penalty but the fact he didn’t get near to saving just one....just one.....penalty has got me tight this morning.

36 unsaved penalties in a row.

£370k a week.

Highest payed player in the league. Even after De Bruyne negotiated his own contract.

It's not on your keeper to be scoring a penalty to keep you in a final. If you couldn't get it done and dusted in the 120 minutes you had beforehand then that's on the rest of the team

It's not on your keeper to be scoring a penalty to keep you in a final. If you couldn't get it done and dusted in the 120 minutes you had beforehand then that's on the rest of the team

Yea... my post is about unsaved penalties.

Edit: I was never blaming De Gea for the loss...I’m just saying the most expensive GK in the world gotta do better at ALL set pieces, not just penalties. It’s fair criticism.

It’s also fair criticism to say Ole in game management is appealing.

Last edited:
I’m all types of pissed off this morning.

I’m not blaming De Gea at all..
......it came across like I was, so I’m wrong.

It's not on DDG for the loss... At best he takes maybe 5% blame because it was his penalty that got saved

However Ole should have been smarter with his subs and put Dean Henderson on. Difference between winning and losing can come down to fine margins, so know the strengths and weaknesses of your squad.

He put on Telles and Mata in the last min of extra knowing that their strengths were on pens, yet he doesn't do the same with the keeper?

Make that make sense...

FYI Ole shouldn't lose his job over this and should be backed in the Summer but no trophies next season = out the door now. He's stabilized the club for the next man to carry it over the line in silverware by then

Saving penalties is still part of a keepers job its a tough one and they shouldnt take the brunt of the blame for a penalty loss but the fact he has now gone 40 pens without saving one is not good, its even more annoying he got his hand to a couple, dived early and had the ball go under him... Its annoying especially when Henderson is actually good at saving them...

Remember Van Gaal's 'genius' move in the World Cup, bringing on Tim Krul just for pens???

On the flip side is doesnt inspire much confidence in the keeper your taking off but its a final...

Wow, just seen one of the cunts that sent Rashford racist messages is a teacher!!! smh this guy helps shape kids beliefs and views...

Apparently his profile wasnt private so they should be able to track him down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back