Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The premier League doesn't care about fans a season ticket at Brighton cost more than a season ticket at Bayern Munich. The same organisation that tried to charges Us for ppv games on top of the additional 100 pounds people pay for TV deals.

As far as grass roots goes its already on life support Chelsea has more scouts in Huddersfield than Huddersfield themselves while this move will make grassroots more expensive it's already struggling because what's happening. This fantasy that we sell ourselves that anyone can become a big team who has achieved that without an billionaire owner and look at the reluctant attitudes those teams have received from everyone.

I ain't saying I agree with what's happening to me it just seems like the upper middle class are now been priced out and they are screaming loudest this is just capitalism doing what it's supposed to.

It's all about money Uefa and FIFA are saying they will ban people now but I'd the superleague is getting massive views globally they could make their own tournament or FIFA will change their tune this is all about who has control of the monopoly.

We as fans have never been in the minds of FIFA or Uefa are the perfect example of the chicken coming home to roost

The Premier League is a business, well football is a business full stop, no one denies that but the EPL money/the TV money, does trickle back down to grassroots football, into communities throughout the UK and that includes both mainstream kids football and special needs teams... That will be HEAVILY cut, if not completely cut with the introduction of this Super League...

If it wasnt for the EPL money then tons of EFL clubs would have gone out of business during this pandemic...

Bayern have always set the standard as a community friendly club, so its no surprise theyve turned down the chance to join this Super League... Premier League football is the most expensive to watch, especially Arsenal but my season ticket at Brighton costs me like £50 a month (about £25 a game) and Im basically pitch side, which isnt too bad considering its for Premier League football...

Like I said, I agree football is a business which is why UEFA want to stop and this Super League and ban clubs who take part, its not out of the goodness of their hearts its because they want those clubs in their own European competitions...

But there is no denying the Super League is bad for football (other than the clubs that take part), its bad for the fans and its bad the domestic competitions...

Ive not heard one fan either in person, on the radio or on TV say they are in favour of this Super League...

Last edited:
I don't understand where this exhibition talk comes from if you watch basketball or the NFL there's always something to play for and they adapt the league.

What is crystal palace and wolves Southampton playing for right now? We don't call them exhibitions

I watch and used to play basketball, I love the sport...

But once teams know they arnt making the playoffs they give no fcks... In fact they are better off losing to get a better draft pick lol

Sports is about competition and reward for winning and consequences for losing... Without relegation what the sporting consequences???

I watch and used to play basketball, I love the sport...

But once teams know they arnt making the playoffs they give no fcks... In fact they are better off losing to get a better draft pick lol

Sports is about competition and reward for winning and consequences for losing... Without relegation what the sporting consequences???
Crystal palace matches for the past 4 years haven't meant anything they are just happy to be mid table.

Again I don't agree with the super League but if done right we literally have examples of the system working in other sports. That argument doesn't hold as much weight as everyone thinks.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Crystal palace matches for the past 4 years haven't meant anything they are just happy to be mid table.

Again I don't agree with the super League but if done right we literally have examples of the system working in other sports. That argument doesn't hold as much weight as everyone thinks.

They always have the threat of relegation though, like any team can have a bad season and get relegated, who would have thought West Ham and Newcastle would have got relegated when they did... Who would have guessed Sheffiled United getting relagted after the crazy season they had last season...

Palace have an aim of a) staying up and b) trying to push into the top 7 for European football...

There are essentially 3 leagues within the the EPL 1) the making top 4 teams, 2) established teams trying to push into top 7 and 3) teams trying to survive relegation...

But atleast its competition with rewards and consequences and atleast a boatload money trickles down the pyramid to the EFL and grassroots football...

Club owners, are custodians of OUR CLUBS, its the fans that make club, look how weak the games have been without fans... We (hopefully) will be here long after the owners, managers and players leave and move on to our clubs...

Granted, I dont live in Manchester but I do go to (or did) go to plenty of games and walking through Deansgate on matchday, then down Sir Matt Busby Way gives you goosebumps, just a sea of 10's of thousands of fans... You know just aswell as me the bond a club has to its community, the fans are the club...

Like I said, just walking to a game on matchday, be it home or away is a crazy experience and you can see how much both the home and away clubs mean to their communities...

Fck the Super League, because they are taking that away...

The mafia six leaving would be extremely detrimental for the PL.

Apparently R.Madrid and Barcelona would be guaranteed a minimum of 50m a season. Wtf lol.

Rivalaries? Look at the clubs involved. Ridiculous stuff right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back