Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot actually, thought he pretty meh at first - in games vs Sparta where he scored early on in the season - but he has been improving and is one of the better players in the eredivisie, did great in the CL and I'm sure he'll do well in the EL, one of the few attacking players that Ajax has that can dribble, not sure if he is worldie material yet - could see him at Sevilla in a season or two - but I'm sure he will do well...
Mohammed Kudus seemed like their best signing to me before getting injured. Kid got talent

Economy already damaged because covid and they're still doing Brexit without a deal on the 31st which means it will be worse. we got a taste of what it will be like yesterday with France closing their borders and food imports etc getting stuck etc.

2021 is going to be a complete clusterfuck. You're right, France closing its borders is a warm up - Brexit is permanent.

Laporta:

"I am sure Messi wants to continue at Barca," Laporta said in an exclusive interview with ESPN. "It will depend on the proposal that the new president makes him. He needs to see that there is a competitive team to reignite the love story Barca had with the Champions League but which has been on hold in recent years.

"[The club] have repeatedly lied to him and, on top of that, things haven't gone as everyone wanted. He is at a point in his career where he still wants to be successful and win titles.

"He cannot keep accepting that other teams win the Champions League and Barca, with Lionel, the best player in the history of the game, do not have a team competitive enough to be able to win it."

Pep, Tixi........?

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
Honestly think there is an overreaction regarding Arteta.

I blame it on winning an FA cup. People seem to think that you’ve made it. Reality check: FA cup isn’t what it used to be.

I don’t see Arsenal being relegated and I think given time he will improve the results.

I was looking at their structure now and they have striped away all staff to assist him. He really is the general manager which Arsenal moved away from after Wenger. For some reason he is responsible for a lot more than just coaching the team now. Wenger was known as “the accountant”.

Given he is a novice coach not sure he should be dealing with all of that. I mean they even got rid of the guy who deals with the contracts. Why?

Reminds me so much of Utd with bad top tier management decisions.

Last edited:
I agree that our problems are bigger than just Arteta. But the guy has weakened the club since he's started. The Ozil situation speaks for itself. He puts Eddie ahead of Laca. He let Torreira go and kept Xhaka. He let 1 of the best keepers in the league go. Willian in the starting line up and playing the full 90, same with Bellerin. You could add Guendouzi's situation in there but that 1 I agree with.

All his decisions. Add to that the team has no cohesion or chemistry. These players struggling to put simple passes together. He's gotta go man

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back