Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a growing belief...

I think the Bundesliga over-inflates attackers productivity and under-inflates the defenders'. Most of the teams play with a high back-line and are adventurous with their progression of the ball.

They emphasize on overloading areas in the final third, typically on the wings by using a marauding FB and winger with the goal being to either create a clear path to be incisive or to isolate a defender. Either one of the FB or winger fulfills the goal by being a decoy runner or they play passing combinations. Sancho and Hakimi mastered that in the previous two seasons.

Defenders get isolated far too often in that league and the quality of opposition doesn't seem to influence their attacking mentality. Take Nagelsmann for example, goes to O.T and plays like he does in the league despite it being common knowledge that it benefits United.

We've seen a number of Prem youngsters go there and flourished or at least played decent and those that go back to their parent clubs, either can't get into the XI, are sold or loaned out again or are just underwhelming when given an opportunity i.e. Reiss Nelson and Ademola Lookman.

I tend to think it creates a false perception of just how productive the attackers are, they get the benefit of more big chances and are in more advantageous situations in matches. However, this over-emphasis on attack, could help improve attackers quicker and helps them reach use their full repertoire and it applies inversely for defenders.

For example, Aubameyang went to Dortmund as a decent winger and turned into a clinical striker. Improved his ball movement and the regularity of being in one-on-ones and other advantageous situations became an easy and monotonous act. I think is why English attackers (b2b midfielders incl.) are the ones being recruited and hardly any defensive-minded players are. Ethan Ampadu is the only defensive player that comes to mind and he hardly ever played at Leipzig.

Think about it next time you watch a Bundesliga match or team... or maybe not.

Last edited:
U guys have said this almost everytime Liverpool has faced adversity this season and he has mostly been gracious. This is getting old.

Ermmm Ive never heard this said and as I typed that Klopp either had rabies or was very upset he was losing... Dude is a very sore loser, look at the BT Sports interview the other week, GOAT viewing, up there with Rafa Benitez and Kevin Keegan rants...

Most top athletes/coaches are sore losers, thats what makes them great...

For the record I think Klopp is brilliant and I love the stories of him engaging with young and ill fans etc... I would take him at United in a heartbeat even though he would have the Liverpool stench on him but dude is a sore loser and gives salty interviews and is short with his answers when he is not getting his own way or doesnt like the questions...

Rafa Can Create Facts! - YouTube

Dude is a very sore loser, look at the BT Sports interview the other week, GOAT viewing,
This is exactly why this is getting fucking old. He is not a sore loser. He was mad bcos his players were getting injured and Wilder had thrown shots at him earlier in the week over their beef about the subs rule. His only other rant this season was after a win and was also about the subs rule.

Does he have a temper, yea. But after losses, he mostly blames himself or his team. "Klopp is a sore loser" is just lazy bullshit.

Last edited:
This is exactly why this is getting fucking old. HE WON LAST WEEK 4-0. He is not a sore loser. He was mad bcos his players were getting injured and Wilder had thrown shots at him earlier in the week.

Does he have a temper, yea. But after losses, he mostly blames himself or his team. "Klopp is a sore loser" is just lazy bullshit.
I think the only time I got that vibe from him was when they got eliminated by Atletico last season

:scust:

F*ck Klop. F*ck the Kop. F*ck FSG (unless the Red Sox sign Trevor Bauer), f*ck em all if they ain't United.

In arsenaL territory right now, got Ice Cube - 'Today was a good day' at the ready, in case Brexit wins again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back